changing sway bar links 99 yukon 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

russell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
someone please help me out i have heard all the threads on here on how to change out sway bar links and i have even looked up several videos on how to do it and i am completely lost i have one side done but can not get the other side to line up i have tried everything i have tried leaving it down on the ground i have tried taking wheels off and jacking up the lca i have tried everything but i do have a question the yukon has had the torsion bars adjusted for a little lift it was done when i bought it would that have anything at all to do with the holes not lining up please help i have got to get this thing back together

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just muscled mine back together. Put one side on and keep it loose, then work on the other side and I think I even tried a ratchet strap once upon a time to help pull it all together.

You do have the right lengths right?

OP
OP
R

russell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes i have the right ones i have also tried the rachet strap but i need to loosen the other side i went ahead and tightened it thanks for the advice

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It took me a few attempts and finally after a small break (beer) it just fit better.

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put it on the ground. Both sides and turn the wheel accordingly. Then jack up the lca. Should line up perfectly. If not. You may have a twisted sway bar. Oh I also loosened the bracket that holds the bushings to give them a little more play.

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to jack my lower control arm up to get them to line up. What blizz said is dead on. They will go just take a little finessing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyJoe96

Latest posts