Changed to Escalade vent caps.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black is definitely the way to go on light colored trucks. Having a colormatched bright pillar back there just looks out of place. I will be keeping an eye out for some black pieces.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 'just replaced' vent covers and they have a slightly different top curve - shape.... I looked at an Escalade and they have an additional rear / top trim piece with the 3rd brake light... Trim runs the whole length of the rear window. Due to the added trim, the top vent cover has a slightly higher curve, and does not match the Yukon's glass shape.

Have you noticed that?

top vent curve.jpg

14rcsbOH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 'just replaced' vent covers and they have a slightly different top curve - shape.... I looked at an Escalade and they have an additional rear / top trim piece with the 3rd brake light... Trim runs the whole length of the rear window. Due to the added trim, the top vent cover has a slightly higher curve, and does not match the Yukon's glass shape.

Have you noticed that?

View attachment 213522
Yep its for the esky 3rd brake light, you can swap the rear glass too.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Have you noticed that?

View attachment 213522

Yup. Also works fairly well with the 06 z71 window piece....

20180807_191752.jpg

20180807_192435.jpg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
HiHo... whats the purpose for the window piece? ( I don't like sticking on something, just for the plastic) It looks nice, though.....

Just a design thing, I think. The 05 might have it, too. Only on Z71 cuz it's OFFROAD, ya know?! (I do like it).

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vent caps look fine in black, since my color is Carbon metallic, but I think even better if painted to match. Hard to tell the different shape on the top.

View attachment 213539
That looks good!!! I wasn't going to mess with Esky caps but my wife mentioned how she hates the vents that are on it now... My XL is also carbon metallic. I really like that color...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf