change engine oil light on.. how do i get rid of it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnunez29

Reaction score
i know someone answered this already and he said "key on ,press gas 3x" i tried that and nothing happened. still getting the change oil light. is there a more specific way to do it?? please let me know. thank you

Yukon&Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year do you have.....

older 1999-2006 would be the key cycle/pedal press to reset
newer 2007 + would be buttons on side of cluster/info to reset

if I remember correctly, at least that's how they work on my 2000 & 2007, and my last 2004?????

Owners manual is another good fall back. If you don't have one google your make/model/year and add "owners manual", you should be able to get a pdf version to load and review!!!!

PwtrSS_OakCliff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to the steering wheel and press the gas icon on the steering wheel (left bottom side) until the ENGINE OIL LIFE% comes on. Once this comes on in your D.I.C. press your reset button on your steering wheel (lower right bottom) and HOLD it until it resets. Problem solved.

Antonio.

chizwizdiz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go to the steering wheel and press the gas icon on the steering wheel (left bottom side) until the ENGINE OIL LIFE% comes on. Once this comes on in your D.I.C. press your reset button on your steering wheel (lower right bottom) and HOLD it until it resets. Problem solved.

Antonio.

+1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n