Champion radiator woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The aftermarket radiators usually have this extra port as well, along with the crappy rubber cap. The Delco version does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the stockers work fine. I've never had an overheating problem and I'm running quite a bit of HP.
I have a basic probably $100 radiator in my truck. Their size alone makes them efficient and I don't think we have a cooling issue once efans are added. my truck doesn't have issues with heat and we hit over 100 Deg on a regular. I think at most you may lose a plastic end cap every 10 years or so. I've seen all aluminum radiators on ebay for less than $200 that don't seem to have any fitment issues. I may try one if the time comes, but I'm not spending time fixing someone else's problem..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update

finally after acting a fool and yelling some crazy things i got on the phone with champion cooling the manufactures of champion radiator. Who would have been happy to weld up the extra port for me. Ok thanks but nobody wanted to let me talk to you so i took care of it myself. They are offering compensation in the form of product.

Aluminum overflow tank
Inline hose relay filter
Fan relay wiring kit
External transmission cooler

I have to pick one. What do u think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645