Champion radiator woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah i dont know that would really be a bummer i guess you would have to splice the hose at some point. The radiator was $200 shipped it is a 3 core
Now that I would pay, that's a good price for an all aluminum radiator. That other vendor here, @Mishimoto, started off with a bunch of hype on how great their new design lowered temps etc but no price until later and when they dropped the $500 figure I was like "I'm out" lol. They got a lot of interest though but no way would I ever drop $500 on a radiator. Plus the originals never really had any issues with cooling except maybe the trans and for that it's better to add a TruCool 5k for an extra $80.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about using a 5/16 barb to 3/8 barb to splice the hose originally so i suppose this is what you would do. Kind of mickey mouse but it would be better than spending $500!

31nTvOY8qSL.jpg

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I would pay, that's a good price for an all aluminum radiator. That other vendor here, @Mishimoto, started off with a bunch of hype on how great their new design lowered temps etc but no price until later and when they dropped the $500 figure I was like "I'm out" lol. They got a lot of interest though but no way would I ever drop $500 on a radiator. Plus the originals never really had any issues with cooling except maybe the trans and for that it's better to add a TruCool 5k for an extra $80.
The only reason i bought this is a plan on upgrading to a higher horsepower engine in the future. My old radiator with the leak didnt seem to have any problem keeping the engine cool haha. So i agree $500 seems way out there for one of these old trucks, its not like we are taking them to car shows

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only reason i bought this is a plan on upgrading to a higher horsepower engine in the future. My old radiator with the leak didnt seem to have any problem keeping the engine cool haha. So i agree $500 seems way out there for one of these old trucks, its not like we are taking them to car shows
Yeah I've got a blower headers and a cam, drive it hard all the time and have no problem with cooling on a stocker so I think Mishimoto tried to fix a problem that doesn't exist lol.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little update. This is one of those radiators that comes with a lovely extra hole to make it universal with who knows what other vehicles. Anyway it comes with this nice rubber stopper that is already riddled with cracks and looks ready to blow at any minute.

20180626_182855.jpg 20180626_182901.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little update. This is one of those radiators that comes with a lovely extra hole to make it universal with who knows what other vehicles. Anyway it comes with this nice rubber stopper that is already riddled with cracks and looks ready to blow at any minute.

View attachment 202594 View attachment 202595

Yeah... no...

Gotta find a plug that can take the heat and pressure.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that's stupid. Plus it looks like it might be hard to find something else to plug it with. SMH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645