Catch can reminder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had never thought of this before, but in the PNW and BC we can have very cold, damp weather. When this happens, moisture can get into the oil quite easily. This moisture is pulled out through the PCV system and collects in the catch can. During the summer months, I had about a 1/2" to 1" of liquid by the end of an oil change interval.

This next interval, the catch can was full. If you are new to having catch cans and live in a cold damp region, check your catch can between oil change intervals.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
I had never thought of this before, but in the PNW and BC we can have very cold, damp weather. When this happens, moisture can get into the oil quite easily. This moisture is pulled out through the PCV system and collects in the catch can. During the summer months, I had about a 1/2" to 1" of liquid by the end of an oil change interval.

This next interval, the catch can was full. If you are new to having catch cans and live in a cold damp region, check your catch can between oil change intervals.
Also adding, if you're in the freezing cold, drain it often! Could be difficult depending on where you have the thing mounted. Ideally, somewhere cool, but not so much so that it'll stay frozen while the vehicle is running.