Catback performance exhaust - review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the corsa cat back on my 21 6.2 High Country suburban. I have to say its phenomenal. I love the sound, which i was worried that it would be too loud. Its definitely loud at start up but really beautifull sound, and when your driving on the highway you dont notice to big of a difference. I did notice a performance increase with the corsa coming from GM performance cat back. I got the dual black tips. No fitment issues whatsoever. Definitely recommend. I ordered a rotofab cai which should arrive by the weekend. Hopefully i chose the right CAI, since there are multiple different brands i had to pick one that i saw the best feedback. I will update after i install it
Wow so you went from the GM Performance to the Corsa? Haven't seen that happen too often. The GMP just not loud enough for you?

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Corsa exhaust / intake will be my route once some dust settles...need to keep wife happy.

Jgrimberg1979

Reaction score
Wow so you went from the GM Performance to the Corsa? Haven't seen that happen too often. The GMP just not loud enough for you?
It was the same as the stock(gm performance) from a sound standpoint. The real reason I got it was because I needed to replace the gm performance because it was damaged and bent by my trailer and cutting it too sharp. Anyways I wasn’t going to spend that kinda of money on the gm performance again because I really wasn’t impressed with the gm performance exhaust at all. Not much of an upgrade in my opinion at least compared to the corsa which sounds amazing and I did definitely notice a boost in performance with the corsa which was a stark contrast to the gm performance which I felt no change. However I can’t say for certain the extra hp numbers but the sound is amazing.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa is absolutely the way to go. Zero drone, even with long tube headers it wont drone.

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the corsa cat back on my 21 6.2 High Country suburban. I have to say its phenomenal. I love the sound, which i was worried that it would be too loud. Its definitely loud at start up but really beautifull sound, and when your driving on the highway you dont notice to big of a difference. I did notice a performance increase with the corsa coming from GM performance cat back. I got the dual black tips. No fitment issues whatsoever. Definitely recommend. I ordered a rotofab cai which should arrive by the weekend. Hopefully i chose the right CAI, since there are multiple different brands i had to pick one that i saw the best feedback. I will update after i install it
How long did u have to wait on the Corsa delivery? Can you share pictures of the exhaust / car from behind? Thank you

Garth Knight

Reaction score
It was the same as the stock(gm performance) from a sound standpoint. The real reason I got it was because I needed to replace the gm performance because it was damaged and bent by my trailer and cutting it too sharp. Anyways I wasn’t going to spend that kinda of money on the gm performance again because I really wasn’t impressed with the gm performance exhaust at all. Not much of an upgrade in my opinion at least compared to the corsa which sounds amazing and I did definitely notice a boost in performance with the corsa which was a stark contrast to the gm performance which I felt no change. However I can’t say for certain the extra hp numbers but the sound is amazing.
Which model number etc was your Corsa? I've noticed a bunch of different variations that they sell that fits the 6.2L.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Borla on my 2015 Denali and do not experience drone at highway speed. Before and after tune there was no drone. Could I tell went it went to V4 before the tune, yes, barely because I could sense it. But there is the valve in front of the muffler that should keep the V4 mode from droning. Curious if there is any difference in the new models exhaust.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could simply change the muffler to a quieter one, swing by any local muffler shop they usually have a selection of mufflers to choose from and can tell you which is less prone to drone. All they would have to do is cut the muffler off and weld in a new one. I would keep the borla or sell it since they don't sell those seperately someone will want it.
That’s what I just did, swapped out my stock muffler for borla pro xs muffler on my 22’ Silverado with 5.3, $200 into the whole thing. Gives a little extra rumble but still quiet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Oaktree

Reaction score
July 8th - Update on the GM/Borla. I just finished a 2,500 mile road trip. It has an awful drone from 66'ish to 77'ish on the freeway when the motor is under light load. It may be tolerable if its a flat road with no wind or downhill....its unpleasant. It'll go away if it kicks down a gear but a slight hill creates that deep wha-wha-wha noise, it's sooo irritating. I'm surprised my wife hasn't complained.
Again, 78mph and above, it goes away and is silent at 80-81 which most of the trip was. Below that, has a nice rumble. Live and learn, last time I buy a Borla system, I've been burnt twice now.

I stand by the don't purchase opinion if your taking road trips.

Trent88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oaktree, have you tried running in L9 or L10 instead of just drive? That helps turn the the AFM off and makes a world of difference on the sound out of the exhaust.

I have a corsa system with no drone, but does sound like crap at lower speeds when the AFM kicks in. So I run L9 all the time, unless on a trip, then Drive works fine or L10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues