Catback performance exhaust - review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
July 8th - Update on the GM/Borla. I just finished a 2,500 mile road trip. It has an awful drone from 66'ish to 77'ish on the freeway when the motor is under light load. It may be tolerable if its a flat road with no wind or downhill....its unpleasant. It'll go away if it kicks down a gear but a slight hill creates that deep wha-wha-wha noise, it's sooo irritating. I'm surprised my wife hasn't complained.
Again, 78mph and above, it goes away and is silent at 80-81 which most of the trip was. Below that, has a nice rumble. Live and learn, last time I buy a Borla system, I've been burnt twice now.

I stand by the don't purchase opinion if your taking road trips.
Strange that our experiences are opposite, I don’t have any drone at all, at any rpm or speed including on the highway/up incline. When I first had it installed I thought I did have a drone but I crawled under to look at a few things and found that the exhaust had come loose at the connection point forward of the suitcase muffler and it was rubbing on a crossmember, I tightened and adjusted it off the cross member and it went away and haven’t had an issues since. My wife still thinks it’s to loud in the city, I think it’s a perfect, more muscular tone but it’s her car so I just swapped back to the stock exhaust and she’s happy again. Will be listing my performance exhaust for sale soon.

Roushja1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s what I just did, swapped out my stock muffler for borla pro xs muffler on my 22’ Silverado with 5.3, $200 into the whole thing. Gives a little extra rumble but still quiet.
No drone with this? Looking to spice up the wife’s 21 z71 a little

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No drone with this? Looking to spice up the wife’s 21 z71 a little
I have no drone that I notice, I also do not have AFM with my new 22 Silverado, it did not come with it. As I’ve heard the flapper valve (which I removed with the new muffler) stops drone when the AFM kicks on.

Last edited:

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for you guys. I have been watching this thread and youtube videos of the Corsa, Borla and Carven exhausts.

Do we have a 3rd catalytic converter? Did you remove it?

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for you guys. I have been watching this thread and youtube videos of the Corsa, Borla and Carven exhausts.

Do we have a 3rd catalytic converter? Did you remove it?
Looks like a third small can just down stream from the main cats but I did not remove it and have not researched what the heck it was for . Sorry that is all I know

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Corsa Is the only exhaust I ever buy for my cars. Zero drone.

Garth Knight

Reaction score
Are there different types of Corsa exhausts for the Tahoe? I've seen people refer to a sport edition etc. Was considering getting one.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa has three sound levels: Touring, Sport, and Xtreme. The Sport is the most popular sound level. The touring is generally as quiet or quieter than the stock exhaust and generally people don't want just a sound change so this is the least popular offering and they have discontinued selling Touring for a lot of vehicles. The Touring was a great option if you needed/wanted long tube headers but didn't want it super loud. The Xtreme they really only offer for stuff like Mustangs, Corvettes, etc.

66 Galaxie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any review updates on any of the cat back exhausts for Tahoe/Yukon?
Borla?
Corsa?
Magnaflow?

The 6.2 needs more sound with no drone.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa is your option for no drone. Borla has a little drone. I haven’t had Magnaflow in 15 years because I don’t like their sound so I can’t comment on drone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MURDD0CK