Catalytic Converters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

22YukonDenali22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey All, hope things are good! I have a 2008 GMC Yukon Denali, bought it with 72k miles on it 4 years ago, and it now has 101k miles. During the 1st 3 years of owning it, I got a p0420 and p0430 code 3 times (once a year). I ran a cat cleaner through it, and it cleared the codes for about a year each time. This month, though, the codes have come on twice, so I'm guessing the cat is finally kicking the bucket. I was just curious if it was normal for these cats to go out before/at 100k miles? Is it possible that it's wonky O2 sensors, or is it more likely the cats?

Thanks for any input!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey All, hope things are good! I have a 2008 GMC Yukon Denali, bought it with 72k miles on it 4 years ago, and it now has 101k miles. During the 1st 3 years of owning it, I got a p0420 and p0430 code 3 times (once a year). I ran a cat cleaner through it, and it cleared the codes for about a year each time. This month, though, the codes have come on twice, so I'm guessing the cat is finally kicking the bucket. I was just curious if it was normal for these cats to go out before/at 100k miles? Is it possible that it's wonky O2 sensors, or is it more likely the cats?

Thanks for any input!!
well at 100k it's time to replace all 4 sensors anyway, they may last longer but that is there expected life cycle.
it's a gamble

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper