Catalytic converter protection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stephygee

Just Steph
Reaction score
sooooo, what stops the thief from cutting here instead?
View attachment 372057

Nothing except his/her desire to work harder, not smarter I guess. I had that put on six months ago. It's still on there, so I guess the added security makes it less apt for theft again. That's what security is, right? Thief probably goes on to lower hanging fruit.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With cat theft running rampant around Las Vegas is there anyone who makes a cat protection plate for a 2006 Burb 1500 2wd?
My wife is concerned because of the burb being higher off the ground and easier to get under.
Turn those lights on all the time and not motion sensitive. A Ring camera will alert you on your phone and then you can meet them outside with your shotgun until the police arrive.

stephygee

Just Steph
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, the catalytic converter is also etched. LAPD has a program where you can get this done. The premise remains the same; harden your asset so that it's extra work for would be thieves. Nothing will stop a determined thief; but most move on to softer targets. Sort of like having a car alarm. Doesn't prevent theft, but it makes it a bit more difficult than a vehicle without theft deterrents.