Cat back exhaust differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CocobrownLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone. New to the forum and to the Tahoe world. Had a f-150 prior to picking up a one owner 2011 Tahoe LT. I want to make the exhaust a bit deeper. I was thinking of just doing a muffler delete but then I found a mbrp exhaust on sale but it says it only fits the 07-08 tahoes. Whats the difference in factory exhaust setup because I can’t tell.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. New to the forum and to the Tahoe world. Had a f-150 prior to picking up a one owner 2011 Tahoe LT. I want to make the exhaust a bit deeper. I was thinking of just doing a muffler delete but then I found a mbrp exhaust on sale but it says it only fits the 07-08 tahoes. Whats the difference in factory exhaust setup because I can’t tell.

No clue. AFAIK, the only thing that changed in '09 was that the Tahoe was available with a 6.2, and that had a larger exhaust. But, that engine option was quite rare and the ubiquitous 4.8 and 5.3 engines had the standard 2.75" exhaust.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
S5062AL
if your interested in the mbrp thats the part number you want. as far as your fitment question they aren't different enough to make fitting it impossible. however i wouldn't recommend it unless you have a welder and tools beyond the typical hand tools. also by the time you have a shop make the corrections to get the system to fit properly you could have just bought the one that already fits for the price.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

Other folks will chime in, as well.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

To the best of my knowledge, the '07-'08 trucks have 2 catalytic converters, one on each side of the Y-pipe.

'09+ had those as well as a 3rd catalytic converter further back after the Y-pipe and before the muffler.

RELEASE2063

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 09 and up tahoes have a 3rd converter on the y pipe so the y pipe is longer, making the exhaust shorter.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, the '07-'08 trucks have 2 catalytic converters, one on each side of the Y-pipe.

'09+ had those as well as a 3rd catalytic converter further back after the Y-pipe and before the muffler.

Correct. My 07 has two catalytic converters, both on the Y pipe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE