Cargo mat that doesn't suck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Lloyds tip! and yeah, I can't believe there isn't a rubberized one!
there is get a 07-14 GMC oem rear cargo mat, it's rubber and it has slots I have one in mine it's great like sliced bread. i would just confirm the dimensions will fit I am not sure how much room you guys have in the new trucks.
a very quick search on ebay did not find one, but I did find a floor mat, the rear cargo mat will look just like it with the slots and GMC in the center
found it $68

jaycough

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We need one like they made for 2016 models. Rubber from GM..that was the shit

JeffTahoe

Reaction score
I have used canvasbak cargo liners on all the suvs I have bought. If they get dirty just toss in the wash dry and put back on

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this in the 2009:

1653095316738.png

The raised sides contain leaks from whatever we put back there. Most items do not slide around on it, some do. Easy to clean.

Had rubber ones that didn't smell in our Pontiac, it had honeycombs that gripped everything and took more effort to clean and looked great! Resembled the ones in 1970s Trans Ams.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I initially tried to defend the OEM cargo tray but….it’s terrible. Surprisingly the velcro on the seat backs seem to be OK, but the cargo tray velcro came right off the carpeting last week (After about 2 months being ok). there were just two tiny tabs there so I peeled them off the plastic tray and replaced them with 2x3 knock-off Velcro strips that had good reviews and hoped the adhesive would be better. Nope. Already peeled off and tray is moving everywhere. I ordered industrial strength velcro branded 2x3 strips and they’ll be here tomorrow.

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i measured the rear cargo area, found a mat on amazon that was wide enough (not an easy task). all i needed to do was trim about 2.5 inches off the section that is at the rear gate and its nice and snug. its rubber and has the little nubs on the bottom so it doesn't move. best $48 i spent in a min, lol

like2detail

Reaction score
I have the OEM cargo mat with the separate seat back covers and used some better velcro for it. I love it but even with the extra velcro it still comes off of the seat backs occasionally. I just ordered some black snaps made for boat covers on Amazon today and plan on adding snaps to the four corners of the cargo mat and each of the seat backs tomorrow when they arrive. If I can securely snap them to the seat backs I think it will be awesome. FWIW, nothing slides around on the OEM mat. It's a hard plastic/rubber but it's pretty grippy.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the OEM cargo mat with the separate seat back covers and used some better velcro for it. I love it but even with the extra velcro it still comes off of the seat backs occasionally. I just ordered some black snaps made for boat covers on Amazon today and plan on adding snaps to the four corners of the cargo mat and each of the seat backs tomorrow when they arrive. If I can securely snap them to the seat backs I think it will be awesome. FWIW, nothing slides around on the OEM mat. It's a hard plastic/rubber but it's pretty grippy.
Yo won't get the snaps in the 4 corners without interfering w/ the seat back covers...so may need to get innovative on the placement. I was thinking 3 snaps for the cargo mat: 1 in each corner in the rear, and one in the slot between the two seat back covers.

like2detail

Reaction score
Yo won't get the snaps in the 4 corners without interfering w/ the seat back covers...so may need to get innovative on the placement. I was thinking 3 snaps for the cargo mat: 1 in each corner in the rear, and one in the slot between the two seat back covers.
Yeah, I hear ya. I did the velcro strip all the way to the point where the seat backs slide under. It might be good to do the two corners closest to the tailgate and then about 2/3rd's of the way toward the seats. I don't think my OCD will allow a snap off center to account for the 60/40 split lol. I'm pretty excited about being able to just snap them in though. I'll post pics when I get it figured out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne