Canceled Yukon Denali Diesel Order Today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nexus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After a seventh month wait for GM to pick up this from the dealer reluctantly pulled the order.
I know it's about the allocation to the dealer, but with the recent diesel prices getting five dollars a
gallon and then having to wait maybe another three to four more months even if I get a allocation
I decided to wait and see for 2023. I don't blame anybody for this is just the way the world spins
now.

On a brighter note, I did order a Ford Maverick XL Hybrid and got within five months. You could say this
is extreme opposites. I ordered the Maverick XL with no accessories at $21,500 MSRP and maybe that's
why I got it so soon because it had no accessories.

Resized_20220304_061241.jpg

yutuyu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here diesel is still cheaper than regular..
But no matter what, you made a good new purchase, enjoy!

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel is about plus $.30 over regular where we are. The fact that you can go 40% further on a gallon easily negates that. No matter what price diesel is, the D max is still the best value in engines for these vehicles. Not to mention if we ever have fuel shortages, there won’t be shortages on diesel…

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a seventh month wait for GM to pick up this from the dealer reluctantly pulled the order.
I know it's about the allocation to the dealer, but with the recent diesel prices getting five dollars a
gallon and then having to wait maybe another three to four more months even if I get a allocation
I decided to wait and see for 2023. I don't blame anybody for this is just the way the world spins
now.

On a brighter note, I did order a Ford Maverick XL Hybrid and got within five months. You could say this
is extreme opposites. I ordered the Maverick XL with no accessories at $21,500 MSRP and maybe that's
why I got it so soon because it had no accessories.

View attachment 364810
Mavericks are $5-10K over MSRP here in SE WI.

Driver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Diesel is about plus $.30 over regular where we are. The fact that you can go 40% further on a gallon easily negates that. No matter what price diesel is, the D max is still the best value in engines for these vehicles. Not to mention if we ever have fuel shortages, there won’t be shortages on diesel…

Why wouldn't there be shortages on Diesel?

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't there be shortages on Diesel?
Because every station sells it and probably less than 2% of the passenger vehicle fleet use it. Ever see an Excavator or Semi parked at 7-11 fueling up?

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 5.3 combined mpg @ 17 and 3.0 combined mpg @ 22 that's an increase of 29.4 percent.

Current prices in my area are $4.25/gal unleaded regular and $4.89/gal diesel or 15 percent more. It is typically greater than it is currently perhaps diesel pricing is lagging that of gasoline.

I can't tell what increase diesel maintenance would be over gasoline engine but I would hazard that if you are not a high mileage driver or need the added torque for towing a diesel may not be for you even at these gasoline prices.

At 10,000 mi./annually the savings is about $300 for fuel not counting increased maintenance costs. Compared to the price of a new vehicle this is low and about what one would pay for car washes so it still comes down to personal preference.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well 3.0 combined mileage is more like 27-28 so there’s that…

But I agree that if you don’t drive many miles it really doesn’t matter. What it really boils down to is if you really need this big of vehicle, and can afford to run and maintain it. If you do and can, then that’s great. If it’s a constant thorn in your side, then maybe it was the wrong choice.

Driver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Because every station sells it and probably less than 2% of the passenger vehicle fleet use it. Ever see an Excavator or Semi parked at 7-11 fueling up?

I understand your assumption, I was more asking factually why?

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand your assumption, I was more asking factually why?
I was thinking the same thing. 45% of a barrel goes into gas, 30% into diesel. If there is a shortage of one, there will be a shortage of the other.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401