Can the rear unlock/locks be disabled.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Yukon Denali w/ captains chairs. My toddler can reach the lock / unlock button from his car seat in the second row and when he wants to be especially difficult (as toddlers do) he will hit the lock and unlock button repeatedly while we are driving. It is ANNOYING. I would like to disable those lock/unlock buttons so if he hits them nothing happens. I asked the dealer and he has no idea if it is possible. Does anyone know if this can be done and how to do it?
All you need is a stern voice and one of these:

1653594798827.png

As toddlers go, if they do not learn to respect you now...

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Yukon Denali w/ captains chairs. My toddler can reach the lock / unlock button from his car seat in the second row and when he wants to be especially difficult (as toddlers do) he will hit the lock and unlock button repeatedly while we are driving. It is ANNOYING. I would like to disable those lock/unlock buttons so if he hits them nothing happens. I asked the dealer and he has no idea if it is possible. Does anyone know if this can be done and how to do it?

To answer your question: Short of disconnecting or cutting wires, I doubt it. I know the locks and windows are disabled on the police PPVs, but I don't know how in this generation. Probably through programming and not hardware modification.

To offer a solution: In this case, mod the kid, not the car. I'm sure he does it not to be defiant and annoying, but because the sound it makes when he presses the buttons intrigues his developing mind. Is he old enough to understand corrective consequence if he disobeys his parents? Make pressing the buttons not appealing to him with some form of active parental consequence and, if that doesn't completely work, back it up with some form of passive consequence along the lines @Fless's suggestion. But, be sure to substitute something he can play with that might work similarly. He might be a budding musician, DJ, music or movie sound effects producer. Get that kid a Casio:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the behavior cannot be stopped (for whatever reason) then you could probably just take the door panel off and unplug the switch. then when he/she gets passed doing the behavior plug it back in.

Ohannon7

Reaction score
Our 2019 has the electric lock.
As Doubeleive suggested I would pop the plastic trim, pull the plug from under the switch, reconnect, wait 3 years, and plug it back in. I suggest this ONLY bc I had to do it in a previous Honda we had.

Side note- we were driving down a highway, I hear the back window roll down, i casually look back, only to see the small human toss and iPad out the window. Fun!!!