Can TPMS system be disabled?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peeledpeas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As the title says. I don't want to pay for new sensors and the installation. Can it be disabled to turn off the light and stop the repetitive message on the dash. I've survived this long with out it on every other car I've owned.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the title says. I don't want to pay for new sensors and the installation. Can it be disabled to turn off the light and stop the repetitive message on the dash. I've survived this long with out it on every other car I've owned.

I believe it can be, but only with equipment and methods provided by one, maybe two companies, costing and involving much more than just installing sensors and keeping the system operational.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked into that for my 06 (what that means is I searched Google, LOL) but could not find anything on anyone doing that. So I figured no.

My 06 has TPMS, but not my 04.

I just went ahead and bought the Autel TS508 with 8 sensors and programmed them. I actually pushed it off for like 6 months. I finally did it, and wasn't bad. Took like 15 minutes. Took my truck to the nearest tire shop. Guy swapped them for $10 on both front tires!

We also have a 2013 Chrysler minivan and a 2020 Express Van, and both have the tire sensors, so it seemed wise for me to get the kit.

I can't recall how they are controlled now. By the BCM? Maybe swap a BCM that didn't have that option, if that was available?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar