Can I add Bluetooth to OEM Stereo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Cajun Jamie

Cajun Jamie

Reaction score
SW Louisiana (originally) and DFW area presently
One thing that irritates me is that the volume goes down when I shut the truck off as the audio pilot no longer senses the engine noise. If I want to continue listening at the same level I have to turn the volume up, but then remember to lower it as the audio will be substantially louder once audio pilot kicks back in.

For the original post, you can get a onstar module from a 09 Envoy and program it to work for bluetooth calls only. Otherwise, Costar is your only option.
Is 09 envoy the only option? What about an 09 Acadia and what type of "programming" is involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mi Mistress

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In my 03, I forgot what type but got an module for about $50 and used the aux rcas on the back of the OEM unit to convert to 3.5mm jack. Then just got a Mpow Bluetooth receiver on amazon and done. Works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the original post, you can get a onstar module from a 09 Envoy and program it to work for bluetooth calls only. Otherwise, Costar is your only option.

I sure would like more info on this!!
I am interested in CoStar but this would be better!

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it has to be an Envoy only and the ones that had the bluetooth option. In my 06 Monte Carlo SS I used the module form an 09 Buick Enclave, but the monte is a different radio all together. The Envoy used the same radio as the 03 to 06 trucks. My monte even shows Bluetooth on the DIC.

I sure would like more info on this!!
I am interested in CoStar but this would be better!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it has to be an Envoy only and the ones that had the bluetooth option. In my 06 Monte Carlo SS I used the module form an 09 Buick Enclave, but the monte is a different radio all together. The Envoy used the same radio as the 03 to 06 trucks. My monte even shows Bluetooth on the DIC.

I read about guys finding multiple possibilities. I'll see if I can find the page.

Edit: some chatter here...
https://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=136846.0

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I considered the CoStar ' BlueStar' for my '05 Yukon some time ago, but I wonder about the product support. I see no activity since 2012, and some evidence of a forum in 2016, but going to that forum, shows zero posts.

Are they still around?

I tried to contact them, and heard nothing back. Any recent purchasers????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE