Can I add Bluetooth to OEM Stereo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cajun Jamie

Reaction score
SW Louisiana (originally) and DFW area presently
Searched the threads but no luck. I just want to connect my iPhone to the stereo speakers to have bluetooth audio for phone calls. In another car I have an AUX input where I can connect an aftermarket bluetooth. I don't want to replace the head unit, nor really care for the FM band Bluetooth devices.

Any advice? thanks!

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Searched the threads but no luck. I just want to connect my iPhone to the stereo speakers to have bluetooth audio for phone calls. In another car I have an AUX input where I can connect an aftermarket bluetooth. I don't want to replace the head unit, nor really care for the FM band Bluetooth devices.

Any advice? thanks!
You said you didn't want to replace the HU, but if you mean you want to stay factory, there are places that modify the factory radio to add bluetooth to it. Here is an example

https://www.amazon.com/2005-09-Radi...D6ZJEQACNZR&psc=1&refRID=XKBD6R39WD6ZJEQACNZR

OP
OP
Cajun Jamie

Cajun Jamie

Reaction score
SW Louisiana (originally) and DFW area presently

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Any advice? thanks!

Do you have XM? If you do, adding an aux jack is easy. I use a tiny bluetooth dongle.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I do have XM but haven't seen a good video or writeup on how to easily tie in an aux. Do you have anything you can paste for me? Thanks!

Forgot about this, sorry. I'll look for it. You tap into the speaker wiring behind the glove box at the silver XM box.

watuzi

Reaction score
You said you didn't want to replace the HU, but if you mean you want to stay factory, there are places that modify the factory radio to add bluetooth to it. Here is an example

https://www.amazon.com/2005-09-Radi...D6ZJEQACNZR&psc=1&refRID=XKBD6R39WD6ZJEQACNZR

Wow, that is so cool if you want to stay stock, but there are no reviews on it yet. I asked the seller if that radio will work without you having to pair it with your Tahoe, like entering a special code.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is so cool if you want to stay stock, but there are no reviews on it yet. I asked the seller if that radio will work without you having to pair it with your Tahoe, like entering a special code.
I believe they state that you still have to have it unlocked by a dealer (or someone with a Tech2). They have various models of the factory radio, but what I can't find is whether it works with the Bose amps or not. Although, my understanding is that is just a matter of programming, not hardware.

watuzi

Reaction score
I believe they state that you still have to have it unlocked by a dealer (or someone with a Tech2). They have various models of the factory radio, but what I can't find is whether it works with the Bose amps or not. Although, my understanding is that is just a matter of programming, not hardware.

Ahhh, you are right on. I'm thinking about replacing my old, crappy radio with this one. But maybe Android Auto is better?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission