Can a pro read my plugs for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I see you have a problem with the third row right seatbelt pretensioner circuit, and had a history code for the middle one but it cleared. I would check the airbag wiring connectors for that seat belt - unplug them, clean them, reconnect them. Also try pulling the seatbelt out and retracting it a few times. Might climb in there and go through the motions. It could be that the system just needs to recalibrate. You can also disconnect the positive cable off the battery and touch it to the negative battery post to discharge the system then reconnect it. If these don’t work then you’ll need a good bidirectional scanner like a Tech2 that will let you test all the components of the airbag system. Oh, and I quit drinking 12 years ago so you’re on your own with the other codes. Lmao

OP
OP
R

Ryan Casey

Reaction score
Those plugs were introduced in the 2010 model year, replacing the 41-985s used previously. So they are likely less then ten years old.
That could be, the last owner had very detailed dealership service paperwork and there was never a sparkplug change and he said he didn't there there was a change either but who knows for sure

OP
OP
R

Ryan Casey

Reaction score
From what I see you have a problem with the third row right seatbelt pretensioner circuit, and had a history code for the middle one but it cleared. I would check the airbag wiring connectors for that seat belt - unplug them, clean them, reconnect them. Also try pulling the seatbelt out and retracting it a few times. Might climb in there and go through the motions. It could be that the system just needs to recalibrate. You can also disconnect the positive cable off the battery and touch it to the negative battery post to discharge the system then reconnect it. If these don’t work then you’ll need a good bidirectional scanner like a Tech2 that will let you test all the components of the airbag system. Oh, and I quit drinking 12 years ago so you’re on your own with the other codes. Lmao
Could I owe u a lemonade

OP
OP
R

Ryan Casey

Reaction score
So here's the real issue.... My third row seating is the bench style that comes out in one piece, the seatbelts are built in to it and there's no wires going to the seat....

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here's the real issue.... My third row seating is the bench style that comes out in one piece, the seatbelts are built in to it and there's no wires going to the seat....
A quick Google of your issue found this forum thread. It sounds like this might be a front impact sensor or wire going to it. There’s another that talks about this being a ghost code because a guy in a standard cab pu got this code and it said third row seatbelt, but when I google those codes I get front impact sensor not third row seatbelt like your scanner says. That’s all I got. You can probably do a better search. https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/service-air-bag-with-code-b0077.18451/

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Plus they would not be as good looking as these. The ground tip would be eaten away way more.

brichter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

DTC B0078 RF/Passenger SIS Malfunction

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e