Cammed L86 dies randomly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cammedL86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi! New guy here. I have 2018 Tahoe L86 6.2 Premier with 8L90. Recently I've installed GPI Stage 1 high lift cam and all the supporting mods. Car runs perfectly, I made some tweaks in a tune so when the car changes gears, engine won't shut off because of low rpm for a new Cam. The problem is... Sometimes on a bumpy roads or while going over big obstacles, car still shuts off randomly when going to hard from side to side. I don't know why this can happen, any ideas?

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Hi! New guy here. I have 2018 Tahoe L86 6.2 Premier with 8L90. Recently I've installed GPI Stage 1 high lift cam and all the supporting mods. Car runs perfectly, I made some tweaks in a tune so when the car changes gears, engine won't shut off because of low rpm for a new Cam. The problem is... Sometimes on a bumpy roads or while going over big obstacles, car still shuts off randomly when going to hard from side to side. I don't know why this can happen, any ideas?
Please post the cam specs.
Did you tune it or did a professional do it?
Any CEL lights?
Please check the air intake to make sure the mass air flow sensor is reading correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork