2007 Yukon Denali crank no start after driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a little more in depth video, showing ALL of the steps if for some reason you decided or needed to pull the intake manifold, which also requires disconnecting multiple (wire/fuel) connections. Mind you, this method is only a requirement if you wanted to replace your old gaskets and clean things up a bit.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oil pressure would have to be pretty low about 10 psi is when the warning light comes on even when mine went that low it ran and started fine just had a warning, I was far from home too had no choice but to drive it, his oil pressure looks normal 20 psi hot is normal, probably should have the relearn done and keep monitoring.
For sure on his pressures being normal. It was more of something to watch for if he’s still noticing a drop in pressures after the relearn.

I have not yet. Trying to get some consistent data of pressures temps etc. I do think that it could be an oil issue. Was thinking if for now if I changed the oil to a higher viscosity therefore increasing the pressure just to see if it changes anything

Did you mean it dropped to to 12psi and stalled out, or it was stalling out and you noticed the oil pressure at 12 before the engine stopped?
When was your last oil change? What kind of oil/filter were you running prior?

OP
OP
Dan Sho

Dan Sho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For sure on his pressures being normal. It was more of something to watch for if he’s still noticing a drop in pressures after the relearn.

Did you mean it dropped to to 12psi and stalled out, or it was stalling out and you noticed the oil pressure at 12 before the engine stopped?
Oil and rpm dropped together. Due for a change soon been running Mobil 1 filter and oil

oil and rpm dropped at the same time. Mobil 1 oil and filter 5w-30 I believe

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil and rpm dropped together. Due for a change soon been running Mobil 1 filter and oil

oil and rpm dropped at the same time. Mobil 1 oil and filter 5w-30 I believe
In that case it doesn’t sound like an oil pressure sensor necessarily being bad. Like I mentioned before, you’re on the right track gathering as much data and ruling out the basic stuff first before throwing money at it for no reason.

Have you looked into the Tech2 like @Doubeleive and @Fless mentioned? Or checked the forum to see if you’re close to anyone who has one.

OP
OP
Dan Sho

Dan Sho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In that case it doesn’t sound like an oil pressure sensor necessarily being bad. Like I mentioned before, you’re on the right track gathering as much data and ruling out the basic stuff first before throwing money at it for no reason.

Have you looked into the Tech2 like @Doubeleive and @Fless mentioned? Or checked the forum to see if you’re close to anyone who has one.
I have but I’m a pay or two away from that happening unfortunately. I’ll have the dealer relearn this week if I can get a apt.

OP
OP
Dan Sho

Dan Sho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
okay so 1 thing off the to do list battery tested good….Changing oil and adding Lucas hopefully tomorrow (needs done soon anyway) check grounds when I’m down there and schedule the crank relearn.

OP
OP
Dan Sho

Dan Sho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just an update. Changed the oil and filter early this week and for the last quart I used Lucas. Haven’t had a stall however I also wasn’t driving nearly as much this week. Didn’t get a chance to check the grounds as we got slammed with snow. Also on a side note got sideswiped this week which is awesome….mirror on order lol.

OP
OP
Dan Sho

Dan Sho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OKAY SO THIS GOOD I HOPE!? posted earlier today that I hadn’t had many issues this week but also really hadn’t drove to far. Sooo since theres a ton of snow out figured I’d just go for a drive. Warmed up the vehicle went picked up beer came home no stall left it running made 3 other trips without stall went to the car wash no stall no stumble at light or anything. The only thing I did this week was change the oil. It only had 4k on last oil change and was about half qt low. Put in 5qts mobile 1 5w30 and 1 qt Lucas. Oil pressure has not not dropped below 20 at idle of 500 rpm. If this stays consistent then at least I have a general direction of where to dig in more!!! Any ideas folks? Cam phasers?

OP
OP
Dan Sho

Dan Sho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update again still idles kinda rough after driving a while but oil pressure doesn’t drop below 20 now at idle and haven’t had a stall all week. Tried getting the crank relearn done….dealer said that doesn’t exist….this is my dilemma. Yes I know I need to get a tech 2 but even the cheap ones aren’t in the cards right now.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Call your GM dealer or a local shop and ask the service advisor what a Crankshaft Variation Relearn would cost for your truck. Any GM dealer, or a good independent shop, should be aware of this procedure and have the capability with a decent bidirectional scanner. It takes but a few minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts