2007 Yukon Denali crank no start after driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet thanks yes I agree. Can’t with my scan tool probably have to take it in to do it. Won’t be to the garage that replaced it though.
that relearn only takes a couple minutes so wherever you go you should able to just wait right there, unfortunately stuff like that is bread and butter for them there going to charge a bit for it even if it only take 30 seconds.

OP
OP
Dan Sho

Dan Sho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you taken the battery in to have it tested?

Did everything check out with the fuel system?
That 15-20min lag almost sounds like a fuel pump issue, but im not sure if that would be a concern with it being an ‘07. Someone else can chime in on this one.
Need to get the battery tested this week

OP
OP
Dan Sho

Dan Sho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Again…all good info for us to know. Thank you for that.

Have you checked the connections at the fuse block to make sure nothing has come loose since the install? Same goes for the wiring harnesses and pos/neg cables.
Fuse block connections are good, battery connection are solid and clean on both ends including firewall connection. Wiring harness from what I’ve checked looks good want to spent some time on the harness where it travels up to the cam sensor need to check that area yet.

OP
OP
Dan Sho

Dan Sho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
that relearn only takes a couple minutes so wherever you go you should able to just wait right there, unfortunately stuff like that is bread and butter for them there going to charge a bit for it even if it only take 30 seconds.
Dealer here I come!

OP
OP
Dan Sho

Dan Sho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay so just messed around a bit. Keep in mind air temp is 20 degrees out and using data from dash except for fuel pressure obviously.

Let it run for 15min in park. Oil p was 38/ rpm 600/ fuel p 59/ 15 volts/ 190 temp

After driving 5 miles put it in park left it running. Only change was oil p dropped to 21 and temp went to 210

Drove it home left it running for 10 min more never shutting it off oil p dropped to 19.

Drove down the road 1/4 mile stopped. Put into park. Started to stumble idle varied between 400-600 rpm died and vehicle stalled at 350 rpm oil p 12. Turned key of then back on fuel went to 50 resting and 60 during crank. No start. Same several times.

Let it sit 30 ish minutes. Turn key fuel goes to 60 oil p 20 no start. Next crank floor pedal and start.

I’m gonna try to log this stuff this week anything I’m missing? Have an odb II with datasteam anything on there I should watch. It a basic advanced auto one. Thanks everyone for your input!

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you changed out the oil pressure sending unit? I can’t say 100% for sure that this is your problem, but low oil pressure can cause a no start issue.

Edit: here are a couple videos.

OP
OP
Dan Sho

Dan Sho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have not yet. Trying to get some consistent data of pressures temps etc. I do think that it could be an oil issue. Was thinking if for now if I changed the oil to a higher viscosity therefore increasing the pressure just to see if it changes anything

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you changed out the oil pressure sending unit? I can’t say 100% for sure that this is your problem, but low oil pressure can cause a no start issue.

Edit: here are a couple videos.

oil pressure would have to be pretty low about 10 psi is when the warning light comes on even when mine went that low it ran and started fine just had a warning, I was far from home too had no choice but to drive it, his oil pressure looks normal 20 psi hot is normal, probably should have the relearn done and keep monitoring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727