Camber after 4” lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggmac4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been to Firestone twice in a week to align after RC 4” lift on my 96 Yukon 2dr. Paper work both times says it’s in spec but it’s practically sitting on the out edge of the tire. I think it need negative camber and not positive. Anyone deal with this before?17E9BC9C-207F-494C-B47D-3CEF60932C22.jpeg

bdbull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do your upper control arms and ball joints look like? Is it possible they are maxed out?

I'm no expert at this, but I believe the shops like this just go by specs in the computer for whatever vehicle they are aligning. So you may need to align to different specs given the 4" lift. I was talking to a 4x4 shop last week about some work on my 4runner and asked about alignment on lifted vehicles. His opinion was once you go over 3" of lift, you're gonna get into some upgraded upper control arms that allow for more adjustment to the new height and angle.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been to Firestone twice in a week to align after RC 4” lift on my 96 Yukon 2dr. Paper work both times says it’s in spec but it’s practically sitting on the out edge of the tire. I think it need negative camber and not positive. Anyone deal with this before?View attachment 363489
Got pics of how she is sitting?

If yours were mine, I would take it to a custom truck shop that aligns lifted trucks. In fact, that is what we recently did with the Sierra. Camber on the Sierra is -.1 degrees.

Before getting the alignment, I had the technician agree that "within spec" was not acceptable. I had specific numbers in mind. After a discussion with the tech, we agreed on a slightly different spec and he put it spot on. Well, I did this with both trucks at different places.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC