Cam Swap in 03' Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long does this take? Our GM book says like 8-10hrs. I can't see how that is possible. Thanks!

viximaging

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends who is doing it.. I would say about 3-4 non stop. If your doing springs thats the hardest & longest part.. everything else it pretty easy.. 5 hours with a couple brews

Reaction score
Its gonna take a while. Gotta take all that intake manifold shit off. Then you gotta take a good part of the front end apart.

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the GM book might have you pulling the heads instead of using dowel rods to hold the lifters up. that might explain the 8-10 hour install time. Even if you have to swap springs, you have more room to work with than say an fbody but you shouldnt have to take the intake off for it.

Last edited:

03_Denali

Reaction score
If it's for an '03 you don't have to remove the intake, that's misinformation. If it's for that '89 for your handle...yes you do!

OP
OP

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, its an 03'. I am looking for a cam with an agressive idle, but no too agressive that I have to put a big stall in it. I still want to drive it every day in the summer so anyone have any suggestions on cams, or videos of there 5.3 with a cam at idle? Thanks for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DH24YUKON