California emmisions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
One of my rangers exits out the side maybe you should do it looks good on the ranger but it's a flowmasterandno cat so super loud lol

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Update.........., I went to a smog referee station and he said he would pass me with those cats. The catch is though I have to get a tailpipe put on. My exhaust dumps right before the axle and the ref says its a safety hazard to run the sniffer hose there. Whatever...I wanted a tailpipe anyway. I don't get why some people cut them off. Too much interior noise in my opinion. Its amazing how much a few feet of pipe cuts down the decible level. Anyways I have to make another appointment and I should be good. :boti:

Not to mention that it makes it easier for exhaust gases to find its way into worn lower door seals or even the hvac air inlet if the wind were to blow the wrong way while sitting idle. Probably the most important reason for having a tailpipe on it. Noise is a factor too as well as cleanliness.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

One of my rangers exits out the side maybe you should do it looks good on the ranger but it's a flowmaster and no cat so super loud lol

As long as it is behind the rear axle it can go to the side, the rear or even into a stack if you want.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my cam with my dumps. Also have a cutout basically right after the y-pipe

99Vortec

Reaction score
I'm curious, Geoff, did the original tech fail you because of Visual or actual emission levels?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reveita42