CAI Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoski33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently bought a 98 Yukon Denali. So far I love it. It needs a little TLC but will be well worth it. I was wondering if putting a Cold Air Intake on it would be a good idea. Also if putting a new exhaust on. I've messed around with cars but haven't messed around with performance. So i'm a noob. As some would say. Any help and advice would b awesome. I know i'll be posting on here and I'll post pictures tomorrow.

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Volant CAI... I like it. Cleans up the engine bay, fits great, enclosed filter box, makes it easy to do plugs without having to remove it, and smooth air flow. I manage 19 mpg so I cant complain. I think a beter set of Cats will help (hi flow) in that it will reduce back pressure. I would do a good tune up, fuel filter, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, and if you can afford it replace the ignition coil with a higher performance one.

setty7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
atis post a pic of your Volant. How much was that whole kit? if u dont mind me asking?

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I am a day late on the photos. Didnt get the Hoe back till this evening.

Attachments

• Volant at TB.jpg
    Volant at TB.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Volant front.jpg
    Volant front.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 44
  • Volant side angle.jpg
    Volant side angle.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Volant side.jpg
    Volant side.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 46

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the volant mount to the TB?
How does the box mount to wherever it is?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmccleese