Cabin Air Filter Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine out and blasted it with the air compressor/gun......noticeable difference for sure afterwards.

ppvfan

Reaction score
Mine already had the retrofit and the existing filter was nasty. I took a toothbrush to the evaporator and got all kinds of crap cleaned out. After putting in a new notched filter I had probably 3x the airflow.

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a funny side note on these.

I have "fixed" Two peoples air-conditioning within the same month by finding the cabin air filter and removing it in one case.

And in another, i cut the filter element out so it can pass air.

I left them with instructions on how to reinstall after they purchased a new filter and went on my merry way being a hero in this 100+ degree weather we have right now.

Hardest part with adding a filter in the tahoe.
It's a pita to change it out later.

Wifes car and others, its a 15 second job without tools.
The soft open feature on the wifes enclave is a little anoying to deal with, but still easy.

Tahoe, i have to break out the tools

Reaction score
I replaced the filter in the Denali the day before we left on our trip. Pretty easy, 2 screws securing under dash kick panel allowing it to swing down and away, then 1 screw holding slot cover in place.

The wife's Acadia is right behind the glove box, just drop it down and unlatch the panel that holds the filter and pull it out towards you.

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the filter in the Denali the day before we left on our trip. Pretty easy, 2 screws securing under dash kick panel allowing it to swing down and away, then 1 screw holding slot cover in place.

The wife's Acadia is right behind the glove box, just drop it down and unlatch the panel that holds the filter and pull it out towards you.

Does the Acadia have the fancy "no slam open" gearset on the glovebox?

On the enclave it has it, a little gear guide that offers some resistance.
And makes dropping the glovebox a pita. :jester:
It takes me a few minutes to figure out the trick each time, and I always forget how I did it the next time.

The trick seems to be to turn these little retainers to allow the glovebox to separate from the fancy soft open mechanism.

Reaction score
Does the Acadia have the fancy "no slam open" gearset on the glovebox?

On the enclave it has it, a little gear guide that offers some resistance.
And makes dropping the glovebox a pita. :jester:
It takes me a few minutes to figure out the trick each time, and I always forget how I did it the next time.

The trick seems to be to turn these little retainers to allow the glovebox to separate from the fancy soft open mechanism.
Yes, it has it. I found all this out when I was hooking up the dash cam and wiring it for power. The fuse box is located at the most awkward position where the firewall meets the dash and facing straight down. Thought removing the glove box would make getting to it easier, it doesn't.