Buying Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At that age and mileage, the transmissions usually last 160K so it has probably been replaced/rebuilt. Same for the pickup tube o-ring, 160K. Differentials and transfer case are getting tired, not a big deal to swap out the ends for used ones or rebuild the TC yourself. The Auto-Level suspension out back lasts about 7-8 years, so if it was done in 2014, it's getting close to time again.

If you can handle making regular repairs to this thing, go for it, where else can you drive a $60k luxury vehicle for 1/10 of new?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing that just came to my mind is test the 3rd row seats to make sure you can fold them up and remove them. Sometimes the cables get messed up and you can’t release the latches. Forgot to check on the ‘08 we bought and they were jacked up.

OP
OP
C

chasescott66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One thing that just came to my mind is test the 3rd row seats to make sure you can fold them up and remove them. Sometimes the cables get messed up and you can’t release the latches. Forgot to check on the ‘08 we bought and they were jacked up.

Will definitely take a look at them.

Ming15237

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With all the Condensation on the inside of the glass I believe that car has a water leak inside it.

OP
OP
C

chasescott66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With all the Condensation on the inside of the glass I believe that car has a water leak inside it.
What do you mean a water leak on the inside? What should I look for? I didn’t get to go see the car today, hope to go tomorrow.

jcb2

Reaction score
What do you mean a water leak on the inside? What should I look for? I didn’t get to go see the car today, hope to go tomorrow.
Moisture inside could be from a leaking heater hose/core, a roof/window leak or from flooding.

Look for moisture or rust under the carpet. I once bought a car several states away that was on a lot that flooded at high tide. I found out a month later and worked like heck to dry it out. I did but cancer started in the lower panels years later that I bet was related to it.

jcb2

Reaction score
The extremely high mileage would scare me away. The price is not good if you have to drop another engine or trans in it. I had an 07 Yukon XL 5.3L with only 191K and the lifters went. Not just the VLOM system but cylinder 2 also.

Don’t be seduced by the “Denali” bells & whistles so much that you don’t consider the drive train. It’s way over 200K miles already. It’s tired iron and may die at any time.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The extremely high mileage would scare me away. The price is not good if you have to drop another engine or trans in it. I had an 07 Yukon XL 5.3L with only 191K and the lifters went. Not just the VLOM system but cylinder 2 also.

Don’t be seduced by the “Denali” bells & whistles so much that you don’t consider the drive train. It’s way over 200K miles already. It’s tired iron and may die at any time.

L92 does not have AFM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n