Buying Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good price, check for rust and look at all 4 shocks. If the shocks leak, you're looking at 2k for repairs. The rear has air bladders, see if they're blown out. When you start it, listen for a buzz in the rear - that's the air compressor, it should run for a few seconds. When it's cold and you start it, you will hear some piston slap - thats normal till it warms up. Make sure ALL tires match with the SAME tread, if they mis-match, run away screaming!! Good luck

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Good price, check for rust and look at all 4 shocks. If the shocks leak, you're looking at 2k for repairs. The rear has air bladders, see if they're blown out. When you start it, listen for a buzz in the rear - that's the air compressor, it should run for a few seconds. When it's cold and you start it, you will hear some piston slap - thats normal till it warms up. Make sure ALL tires match with the SAME tread, if they mis-match, run away screaming!! Good luck
If all that checks, how could you go wrong with the 6.2? Good price too.

OP
OP
C

chasescott66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Going to look at it either today or tomorrow. Got them down to $6350. There is a leak that they are checking on though first. So that makes me a little nervous. I will check all of the things mentioned above, thanks for the great advice. My mom knows the GM at the dealership, so I am believe they will take care of me. Will definitely be on the lookout.

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i bought mine they had it warmed up and inside a dark shop. She didnt really want me to stop for gas on the test drive so i could check it out. She said it was against the rules to put gas in it on a test drive. Then i had to pull it right back into the dark shop. Boy was i surprised when i finally bought it and started it up the next day. Sounded like a duramax with a high idle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE