Buying either a 2008, 2009, or 2010 PPV Tahoe..need advice please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jathur02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at a 2014 as well now that they have for sale, driven in Florida with 72,000 miles, except this one is black instead of white. I'm trying to make up my mind, but it's tough. I'm guessing the newer the model, the better off you will be?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at a 2014 as well now that they have for sale, driven in Florida with 72,000 miles, except this one is black instead of white. I'm trying to make up my mind, but it's tough. I'm guessing the newer the model, the better off you will be?
I would buy the newest vehicle with the least number of miles you can afford.

As far as the hours getting reset, that has been known to happen if the battery runs down. Others have posted on here about that happening to them. As was already stated, thorough inspection and a solid test drive are needed. The engine hours is only a single data point to consider.

OP
OP
J

Jathur02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
way better!

I would buy the newest vehicle with the least number of miles you can afford.

As far as the hours getting reset, that has been known to happen if the battery runs down. Others have posted on here about that happening to them. As was already stated, thorough inspection and a solid test drive are needed. The engine hours is only a single data point to consider.

Appreciate it guys. They are asking 15,800 for the 2014 with 72,000 miles. It has a minor fender bender, I still need to see it in person. Do you think this is a good deal? I was thinking more towards 13,500-14,000 on something like this.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Appreciate it guys. They are asking 15,800 for the 2014 with 72,000 miles. It has a minor fender bender, I still need to see it in person. Do you think this is a good deal? I was thinking more towards 13,500-14,000 on something like this.
Seems a bit high to me.

OP
OP
J

Jathur02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm also hearing that Asia Motors isn't a good place to buy from, that's honestly where the bulk of the vehicles are that I'm looking at.

I guess I should've asked this from the start, but where is the best place to buy one that hasn't been abused by the police and was just a managers car/or drove lightly? Thanks again, I'm just ready to buy this week!

Last edited:

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sometimes you find clean ones on Craigslist that dealers will pick up at auction - BUT good cars are where you find em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts