Buyback Questions....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of use that did a buyback......

Who paid the sales tax and license? Did they want to charge you a mileage fee and how much? If you had a 2015 and got a new 2016 you lost your 100k mile power train warranty..... Was that brought up? Did they give you the warranty like you had at no charge?

racefreak24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For those of use that did a buyback......

Who paid the sales tax and license? Did they want to charge you a mileage fee and how much? If you had a 2015 and got a new 2016 you lost your 100k mile power train warranty..... Was that brought up? Did they give you the warranty like you had at no charge?

Double Bump

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. They refund the tax and prorate the registration. Yes there is a mileage fee from when the issue was first reported.

Redjet 10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have the address to send the buyback paperwork? The address in the warranty manual is a PO box. Of course there is no one to sign for the paperwork and no one will respond to any other mail. Dealer is very uncooperative. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One dealer that I had brought the vehicle to and said that they didn`t find anything wrong with it had one sitting in the back lot waiting to be picked up by GM.

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can just mail in the paperwork. You need a case worker and a case file. They will get all necessary paperwork from your dealer.

I had zero luck with the buyback department until my dealership got involved. In the buyback process your delearship is your best friend. Get the service or general manager involved. IMO you need them to have a successful buyback.
Good luck.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine in the State of Florida. The best advice I can give each one of you is to check your State Law on the buyback program(Lemon Law)and follow it to a tee. It will tell you everything you need to know(tax,mileage,ect)and it varies from state to state. Also document everything. Normally the dealer is not your best friend. There are also Lemon Law attorneys in each state if you do not feel comfortable doing it yourself. Just do a google search. Don't give up as the manufacturer will try to wear you down. The less they have to buyback the better for them. Good luck.

Hayseed_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No matter the manufacturer, the buyback, from a legal sense, is designed to make it as if it never happened. I have had a non-GMC bought back a few years ago. By law, they were only allowed to recover mileage. They paid us back 100% of down payment, tax, finance charge, dealer fees, registration, etc. The only money they kept was what the law would allow on mileage allowance. This was only fair since I drove it for over 35,000 miles. Of course, this was our state law so each will vary.

Redjet 10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am in the process now. I have a 2015 Yukon Denali. Nothing but problems with it in V4 mode. I have had it in 4 times for this. I filed the paperwor with GM. I recived a call from GM last Friday to have it at the Dealership Monday. They had the service Manager drive it. He Had driven it before when I had brought it in. He had a form to send GM and that they would contact e with thier decision. I was also told tht the shudder in V4 mode no matter how bad was an accepticle part 0f this divetrain. In describing the shudder

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts