Burken Boys’ and Girl’s Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well here’s a little update on the downstream part of Javier’s transmission swap. When we got the donor truck, I made the agreement with him, due to his limited budget, that I’d pay the $800 for the donor truck and he would have to do most of the work and he would owe me the difference between what the truck cost and any money we got for selling the truck or parts of the truck afterwards. He has been busy taking parts off of the truck, learning as he goes, and it looks like he is going to have a free transmission as I have made back the $800 plus a decent amount so far. He’s pretty jacked that this transmission ended up not costing him anything other than time and I’m happy to come out a little ahead on the deal myself. Don’t think I’m going to get into parting out vehicles for a living, but it’s kind of nice to have one go my way.
C924C568-1F6D-4E94-96A9-A6AE095318CB.jpeg99BDEBDA-82A1-4CDD-8CF3-4D9443B64D31.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well here’s a little update on the downstream part of Javier’s transmission swap. When we got the donor truck, I made the agreement with him, due to his limited budget, that I’d pay the $800 for the donor truck and he would have to do most of the work and he would owe me the difference between what the truck cost and any money we got for selling the truck or parts of the truck afterwards. He has been busy taking parts off of the truck, learning as he goes, and it looks like he is going to have a free transmission as I have made back the $800 plus a decent amount so far. He’s pretty jacked that this transmission ended up not costing him anything other than time and I’m happy to come out a little ahead on the deal myself. Don’t think I’m going to get into parting out vehicles for a living, but it’s kind of nice to have one go my way.
View attachment 385805View attachment 385806
It gets a little addictive once you see how much money you can make. I did it for a few years with Camaros/Firebirds--plus I got a lot of great parts myself.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It gets a little addictive once you see how much money you can make. I did it for a few years with Camaros/Firebirds--plus I got a lot of great parts myself.
I can definitely see how it can be addictive. The one obstacle I have is the local Authority that Has Jurisdiction (aka wife) isn’t a big fan of having junk vehicles in the yard or driveway.

To be able to buy a vehicle for $800, take the transmission out of it, get $1100 in cash from the remaining parts as well as some other parts that Javier has taken for his truck, that’s not a bad return on an investment.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can definitely see how it can be addictive. The one obstacle I have is the local Authority that Has Jurisdiction (aka wife) isn’t a big fan of having junk vehicles in the yard or driveway.

To be able to buy a vehicle for $800, take the transmission out of it, get $1100 in cash from the remaining parts as well as some other parts that Javier has taken for his truck, that’s not a bad return on an investment.
I see you have the same local authority as me lol

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fully understood. Happy Wife = Happy Life

Great that she allowed you and Xavier a little slack on this project.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all the cars in my driveway, my neighbors prob think I'm already running a used car lot. Only prob is, they never leave, just keep adding.

My one ***** neighbor thought I was a drug dealer. I drive General Motors, not lambos...Karen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons