Burken Boys’ and Girl’s Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could it be a freeze plug at the back?

Also, if you're interested in a trip to TN, a know a guy that has a 97-98 4x4 ext cab. IIRC. Its not perfect and IDK how much he wants for it but I can ask.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could it be a freeze plug at the back?

Also, if you're interested in a trip to TN, a know a guy that has a 97-98 4x4 ext cab. IIRC. Its not perfect and IDK how much he wants for it but I can ask.
Could be, but who knows. Need to get it home and take a look at it. All I know is I can't go and get to it to haul it home until this evening and its a balmy 10F here right now so it should be nice and cold tonight after the sun goes down.:oops:

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I’m not so sure the wife would think a trip to Tennessee would be necessary, but it would be fun! Truck would probably have a lot less rust than anything up here, that’s for sure.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I’m not so sure the wife would think a trip to Tennessee would be necessary, but it would be fun! Truck would probably have a lot less rust than anything up here, that’s for sure.
He said he's asking 4500 for it so I don't think it's a screaming deal but with today's prices, who knows.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He said he's asking 4500 for it so I don't think it's a screaming deal but with today's prices, who knows.
Thanks for checking. Definitely crazy times right now. See a lot of trucks listed for $3000 with descriptions like: “runs well but rear and front gear ratios aren’t the same but have correct rearmed to go with truck.” Or, “4x4 works great, just needs new front differential for it to lock into 4x4.” Or “Motor runs great, heat blows hot, a/c blows cold. Typical Iowa rust, but won’t go into 3rd or 4th gear.” A lot of people are trying to get rich selling crap that isn’t road worthy for stupid prices.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for checking. Definitely crazy times right now. See a lot of trucks listed for $3000 with descriptions like: “runs well but rear and front gear ratios aren’t the same but have correct rearmed to go with truck.” Or, “4x4 works great, just needs new front differential for it to lock into 4x4.” Or “Motor runs great, heat blows hot, a/c blows cold. Typical Iowa rust, but won’t go into 3rd or 4th gear.” A lot of people are trying to get rich selling crap that isn’t road worthy for stupid prices.
He drives this truck everyday right now. I think he's fixed about everything that's broken or need general repair. He's needing a duramax to pull equipment with. Its got a dent in the bedside in front of the tail light but I'm pretty sure it's rust free. The bed floor was perfect the last time I saw it but since he's using it as a "work truck", who knows now. It's long way for you to ride when you can go a bit south and find something equal or better for the same money. I was thinking he was in like $3k and for that, it would've been a great deal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia