Burken Boys’ and Girl’s Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
How old is the younger boy?

I used to have a 1995 Crown Vic PPV with the 210hp 4.6l (same motor they put in the Mustang starting in 1996, different upper intake though). It was a pretty reliable car and parts were cheap and easy to find.

Oh, the Marauders had the 302hp DOHC 4.6l engine (basically same motor that the 1996-1998 Cobra's had), and were a pretty badass 4dr for the time period

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I used to have a 1995 Crown Vic PPV with the 210hp 4.6l (same motor they put in the Mustang starting in 1996, different upper intake though). It was a pretty reliable car and parts were cheap and easy to find.

Oh, the Marauders had the 302hp DOHC 4.6l engine (basically same motor that the 1996-1998 Cobra's had), and were a pretty badass 4dr for the time period
Hehe I had a 95 thunderbird I bought new with the lil v8.... beat the snot outta that car

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Joseph is 14. He has kind of a baby face and being short, he looks younger than he is. Unfortunately, he’s tapped out on height at 5’-0” since his growth plates closed up early as a result of being on chemo for a brain tumor when he was 5.

As for the Grand Marquis, my wife’s brother has offered many times to help juice things up. He has had a number of mustangs with the 4.6 and thinks he can help Javier have a nice mid-level sleeper.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a few years my family went from Chevrolet to 4.6 Panthers. I had 05 CVPI. Besides the white paint peeling had no issues with it except for the accumulator for the a/c and a water pump which went out at 250K miles. Extremely low maintenance vehicles. Still have a sprinkling of CVPI's on patrol in my neck of the woods.

Law Enforcement was definitely not happy when Ford dropped the CVPI. Same went for livery drivers who were using the entire Panther line with the Town Car as their favorite.

I am sure your boys will do a AWESOME job on your Grand Marquis! You are Blessed to have such a awesome family!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@wjburken awesome thread mate! I’m jealous! My dad never spent any time with me growing up, let alone teach me things like working on a vehicle. Unfortunately I think the only thing I learned from him was how to spend money..... :( your boys are blessed to have a dad that wants to teach them things! Nice work on the grand marquis! My great aunt had one for many years in Vermont. I’m super close with her and many a days when I’d fly back to see my grandparents and her, I’d spend riding in the marquis! Haha.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a few years my family went from Chevrolet to 4.6 Panthers. I had 05 CVPI. Besides the white paint peeling had no issues with it except for the accumulator for the a/c and a water pump which went out at 250K miles. Extremely low maintenance vehicles. Still have a sprinkling of CVPI's on patrol in my neck of the woods.

Law Enforcement was definitely not happy when Ford dropped the CVPI. Same went for livery drivers who were using the entire Panther line with the Town Car as their favorite.

I am sure your boys will do a AWESOME job on your Grand Marquis! You are Blessed to have such a awesome family!
Thanks. I truly am blessed to have the family I have. Javier is super excited to have the big spots painted and wants to get the other spots taken care of as well.

The car needs new tires which it is getting in 2 days and without a word from me, Javier suggested that he pay 1/2 of the cost which I thought was more than fair, and very stand-up of him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz