Bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
So i have been reading that the bump stops on our tahoes should be resting on the control arms-mine are not even close and seem to be in ok shape.It does seem a little floaty in the front end thats why i looked under to check everything.I have 2 inch keys in front to level-1 seems almost maxed the other torsion bolt halfway.If i remember i did that to get it exact height.Am i missing something here.I was going to replace them but if they are not touching maybe their is a problem.I called a chevy mechanic and he said they shouldn't touch just sitting their????????

Bump stops 131.JPG Bump stops 130.JPG Bump stops 127.JPG

Reaction score
If you have the front raised from stock (leveled), then the bump stops won't be touching

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That will affect your front suspension as I’m sure you’re noticing. There’s ways to raise them. You can get taller bump stops or raise the mount. The lifted guys should be able to help more, I’m lowered so I had the opposite problem and had to shave mine.

DirtDigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced mine today. In case you're wondering, I have a 6" lift.

pauly1119

Reaction score
That will affect your front suspension as I’m sure you’re noticing. There’s ways to raise them. You can get taller bump stops or raise the mount. The lifted guys should be able to help more, I’m lowered so I had the opposite problem and had to shave mine.
I would like to thank you, after seeing your response I changed my front ones out that almost didn’t exist anymore and the very little bit of chatter I had is gone completely. I thought those things were to stop it from bottoming out only. I didn’t realize they should sit on the suspension. Well the new ones do.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank you, after seeing your response I changed my front ones out that almost didn’t exist anymore and the very little bit of chatter I had is gone completely. I thought those things were to stop it from bottoming out only. I didn’t realize they should sit on the suspension. Well the new ones do.
Good call. Glad it worked out for you.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is everyone using for a bit more length when leveling or slight lift???

Chughart

Reaction score
Not meaning to jack your thread just didn’t see a necessity to start a new bump stop thread. But anyways will the Silverado bump stops work? I found a set on Amazon but idk if they’ll work I need the front and rear stops if anyone can point me in the right direction to ordering them that would be great!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zachattack_0924