Built a new box for the truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah but wasnt your old box sealed?

do a 10 cube fourth order... 3 cubes sealed and 7 cubes ported. tuned to like 47hz...it will jam.

the port came out the side of the box above the wheel well..

ive never built a 4th order..ive heard about them though..so its a sealed box and then ported from there?

07Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Box looks much better than the old one, nice job!

4th order is a fancy name for a standard ordinary bandpass box. Subs are in a saled box that fires in to a ported box. Never been a huge fan, just too bulky for me. I am an Infinity Perfect 10 fan. .6 cu. ft. sealed box and does just fine.

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how about box specs?
i love all the space you have back there.
im about to put 2 dc lvl4 xl 15s in my truck. i was told by dc to put them in 7cubes together...i have a few other ppl tell me 10 cubes will increase my overall output up 2 db and have more impact in the lows...

Go ahead and do 10, more output. I had 2 lvl 4's with lvl 5 coils in 8 cubes and they were perfect. the XL's have a larger motor than my lvl 4's w/lvl 5 coils, so go ahead and use more room.

droppedHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the old meters are as stiff as the new ones.. i remember back in 2000-2002 i was doing 154 with 2 15s and 4000rms... but those old meters were friendly. i had a kriss meter that always came up about 154.2 too.. on a new meter its probably 148...

Ryan, i was going off what rusty told me but a few other ppl told me to go up to 10 cubes.
Xl's do have a freaking huge motor but we have the same coils. xl's have lvl 5 coils already.
i know on dc's site they state 3 to 5cubes for the subs so i guess i shouldnt go over 10cubes...
whats your system tuned to? i was thinking of doing aero's tryin to tune around 36hz... perhaps lower but i think at 36hz they'd sound great and get loud as hell..

Btw nick thanks for the specs. i did the math and mine is gonna be 49x21x21
plenty of space left in the back of the truck which is what i wanted.

Last edited:

candyman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im really thinking of getting rid of my 6 12 w3 v3s and just do 1 18. the 12s hit but not low enough for me. i only have them on a jl 1000/1. i really wish i could hear them on about 3000 watts but it will be a while.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

i was just wondering. the box is 8.42 cuft with the dimensions you gave 49x19x19 and i guess the sub is around .42cuft , but dont you have to include the port cuft also. meaning the box is 8cuft, the port is 1.20 and whatever bracing you used, that leaves you with somewhere around 7.22cuft.

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im really thinking of getting rid of my 6 12 w3 v3s and just do 1 18. the 12s hit but not low enough for me. i only have them on a jl 1000/1. i really wish i could hear them on about 3000 watts but it will be a while.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

i was just wondering. the box is 8.42 cuft with the dimensions you gave 49x19x19 and i guess the sub is around .42cuft , but dont you have to include the port cuft also. meaning the box is 8cuft, the port is 1.20 and whatever bracing you used, that leaves you with somewhere around 7.22cuft.

probably lol..i just figured 8 cubes before the port and then did the port calcs off that..

candyman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok hey if it sounds good to you thats all that matters. i was thinking of making the same box thats all. my 12s are in 16cuft and take up too much space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn