Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it. Other than that test, since I have a lube/oil change coming up soon, will my mechanic be able to tell, visually, that a mount is broken, or is it tough to visually diagnose?

hard to visually see because the weight of the motor is pushing the mount down (together) if you get what I'm saying.

mtbonnell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A 2007 Tahoe with a broken motor mount

Seeking assistance from the GM Customer Service folks. Saw your other postings in this forum. My college son drives my old 2007 Tahoe. We found out yesterday from a gas station mechanic that the Tahoe has a broken motor mount as well. Would you be able to help with Capitol Chevy in Austin TX with getting a reasonable priced repair. We are going to call their service department when it opens tomorrow morning at 7:30a CST. Please feel free to contact me. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeking assistance from the GM Customer Service folks. Saw your other postings in this forum. My college son drives my old 2007 Tahoe. We found out yesterday from a gas station mechanic that the Tahoe has a broken motor mount as well. Would you be able to help with Capitol Chevy in Austin TX with getting a reasonable priced repair. We are going to call their service department when it opens tomorrow morning at 7:30a CST. Please feel free to contact me. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us! Although I cannot guarantee cost assistance, I would be happy to look further into your situation and reach out to your dealership on your behalf. Would you mind sending me a private message with your full contact information, VIN and mileage?

Thanks,

Andraya
GM Customer Care

Alobar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: Took the Yukon to the dealer for inspection, GM denied any assistance whatsoever. Too old, too many miles. While that's a valid excuse for typical wear items, I would certainly not classify a motor mount as one of them. Given the number of complaints, GM clearly has a problem with this issue. I was hopeful for some kind of help, but alas. So much for repairing their public image.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

hourang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
with how many of these fail, surprised they dont make poly mounts for this.

could maybe just plate the stock mounts. weld a solid plate between the two metal ends, like a solid mount. if you just did the drivers side it would probably still be smooth.

Suburbinator

Reaction score
While that's a valid excuse for typical wear items, I would certainly not classify a motor mount as one of them. Given the number of complaints, GM clearly has a problem with this issue. I was hopeful for some kind of help, but alas. So much for repairing their public image.

Motor mounts wear out - on every car. Manufacturers use rubber and rubber breaks down. I've worked for Lexus, Chrysler/Jeep and European auto repair facilities and have replaced them on nearly everything. At the Lexus dealership, we replaced them at 60k miles. When was the last time anyone here checked theirs as part of routine maintenance?

jp6363

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Broken Motor Mount (frustrated with dealer)

I am frustrated too! I took my 2009 AWD Escalade to the dealer while it was still under warranty because I was experiencing the same clunking noise associated with a broken motor mount. I’m frustrated because before taking it to the dealer I had a close friend of mine that owns a large auto repair shop in the building next to my business check it out first to make sure that’s what it was since the dealer is 45 – 1hr away in traffic. His professional diagnosis was a broken motor mount so off I go to the dealer since its still covered under warranty. I have the dealer check it out and the mechanic told the service advisor and myself there was “nothing wrong with it” even though I know my own vehicle and when something has changed or makes a new sound I notice it. Well taking the dealers word for it even though I knew it wasn’t right I kept on driving it, now that the warranty ran out 9k miles ago and the motor is moving about 6” guess what, it’s the motor mount, surprise surprise. The bigger surprise is that before it was covered under warranty when I originally took it in for the problem now its going to cost me $1200 to fix a problem that should have been fixed before. This is extremely frustrating and if it were just going to cost a few hundred dollars to fix the problem I would still not be happy, but I would just deal with it, but because the dealers mechanics said “nothing is wrong with it” that’s another story. That mistake is now costing me $1200 to fix! I have several friends that have also dealt with motor mount issues on their escalades as well along with numerous individuals on this site too. You would think GM would have used a more heavy duty motor mount for this application, especially considering the cost of this vehicle and the size of the engine and the power it has in order to move this beast with the performance it has. I understand things wear out, its normal and understandable and had they found the problem when I first took it in I would be another very happy Cadillac customer right now, instead I am a very unhappy Cadillac customer with a $1200 repair ahead of me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kwells