Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrobie79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you notice a harsher ride with the Hummer one? I just replaced nearly my entire front suspension on my escalade, with the magnetic ride control struts, I'd hate to swap motor mounts if its gonna make the ride harsher.

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you notice a harsher ride with the Hummer one? I just replaced nearly my entire front suspension on my escalade, with the magnetic ride control struts, I'd hate to swap motor mounts if its gonna make the ride harsher.

Try to see if you can get a ride in a '13-'14 Tahoe PPV (but don't break the law) as they use the same engine mounts.

I have a '14 PPV (purchased with 200K Km) on it and when I was test driving the vehicle at the lot, one of the things I was looking for was excessive engine movement after reading about the premature failure that alot of you are experiencing.

The NVH on the truck is acceptable to me, but then again the PPV sits lower and has a stiffer suspension than a regular Tahoe so the latter 2 factors might be masking the NVH.

Sometimes at idle I do a feel rumbles/vibrations in the cabin but that could be due to OEM sparks and the overall high engine mileage on my truck.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y U NO READ POST...

:yuno:

I just did it to my Silvy 2 weeks ago....
Oh...37 pages and I'm pretty sure I read it all but I was just being a ****** since I didn't have a NNBS but as you know things changed recently. Plus I'm old and can't remember shit lol. Thanks. It's good to know in case mine breaks.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh...37 pages and I'm pretty sure I read it all but I was just being a ****** since I didn't have a NNBS but as you know things changed recently. Plus I'm old and can't remember shit lol. Thanks. It's good to know in case mine breaks.

:lol2:

bnjalal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Long time lurker, well not too long but ....
Anyway, in case anyone is still wondering if the hummer's fit on NNBS tahoe, 2007 4wd, they do and ill upload the pics in a day or two

Posted this to be another one who verifies and will confirm with engine bay pics
Not sure how the truck ride's now as its still with the mechanic for tune-ups and stuff, but im excited that I've got those new mounts

Thanks everybody who shared their knowledge and also @windog for shedding light on the part number

I've been watching these motor mount threads for a while and I'm amazed that those of you who've had your mounts replaced especially at a dealer are still using production mounts. I work for a police vehicle fleet with almost 200 Tahoe's. GM put out a bulletin in like 2008 for a heavy duty replacement mount that does not have fluid in it. Part number 25847739. It does not show up when the parts guy looks up a mount so I can't blame them but the service dept. should have access to it. We have replaced almost every left side mount in the fleet with these and had zero failures. Police drive these things far harder than probably any of you and no failures. Just ask the parts dept. to order this number.

Krmnnghia

Reaction score
I thought I would post this vid I made of my Engine mount doing its thing...or not doing its thing I should say.

Have some strange random drive line clunks during shifts and I think this is the cause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys

Latest posts