Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 Escalade, 75,000 miles. Just did a motor mount. Sounded like a rear end clunk. 4 different people heard it in the rear. I have no idea what the motor was banging on, to make it sound like it was coming from the rear. Only under hard acceleration was it noticeable.

Have the extended warranty, dealer changed it, and banged the warranty company pretty hard. Dealer still sucks, but I only had a small deductible to pay.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 Escalade, 75,000 miles. Just did a motor mount. Sounded like a rear end clunk. 4 different people heard it in the rear. I have no idea what the motor was banging on, to make it sound like it was coming from the rear. Only under hard acceleration was it noticeable.

Have the extended warranty, dealer changed it, and banged the warranty company pretty hard. Dealer still sucks, but I only had a small deductible to pay.

Preach. I heard mine the same way. There's been a few posts on here of people chasing a "rear end clunk" only to find it was the mount. I'm guessing the sound travels through the frame but is most audible below and behind the driver because of the extra sound and thermal insulation on the firewall and floorboard.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:rage:

Dropped off my truck at the dealer this morning to replace the drivers side mount, as soon as we look under neath, we notice the passenger side is completely sheared off...

expensive day... :(

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dropped off my truck at the dealer this morning to replace the drivers side mount, as soon as we look under neath, we notice the passenger side is completely sheared off...

How da hell does that happen? Maybe the PO did some heavy reversing, like pushing a loaded trailer uphill in reverse?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So did you do the same mount on both sides?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How da hell does that happen? Maybe the PO did some heavy reversing, like pushing a loaded trailer uphill in reverse?

Once the drivers side is busted, it puts twice the strain on the passenger side

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once the drivers side is busted, it puts twice the strain on the passenger side

Yeah, but I was thinking it would just compress the passenger side more, much less shear it. I guess I'll order two mounts when I'm ready to do mine. Trans mount ok?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i see all these blown mounts and have to wonder how i never tore one up in my 97 3500 or the 03 2500 hd. i plowed with both and showed them no mercy.

the 97 i put 175,000 on it, the 03 had 105,000 when i sold it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i see all these blown mounts and have to wonder how i never tore one up in my 97 3500 or the 03 2500 hd. i plowed with both and showed them no mercy.

the 97 i put 175,000 on it, the 03 had 105,000 when i sold it.
Because those mounts were solid rubber unlike the 07- up which are liquid filled. That's why the Hummer mounts are better replacements, they're solid rubber too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont