Bridgestone Dueler Revo 2's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny Racer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts and opinions on these tires? Thinking about getting a set to replace my Goodyear Wrangler RT/S's that are shot. These are going on my 99 GMC Yukon of course.

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I have used desert duelers a/t for 10 years with no complaints in fact I could never get them to hydroplane either on vehicles with no abs systems. I will be putting on the revo 2's on this truck as well in a few months.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you serious? They are one of the best tires made! I used to have the old ones and now I have the "2's" they are the best tires I ever owned.

No offense but the RTS are shit in every category. You have no idea how much better the Revo 2's are going to be.

Check out tire rack the "Survey results" and see for youself. They list the Michellin AT the best but its B.S. they have terrible reviews. Very loud and uneven thread wear.

Any questions feel free to ask. Ive had almost evey tire out there. (highway/all season/highway-all terrain)

OP
OP
Johnny Racer

Johnny Racer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I read all those reviews at Tire Rack and even Discount Tire. I have hated my RTS's since I have had them (3 years now) and am happy that the time has come to replace them. LOL

I don't want Michelins cause I know they are horrible tires from the start. Was looking at Toyo then BFG, then Dunlop, and now Bridgestone. I don't do much off-road driving... occasionally though. I spend most of my time on the highway and drag an occasional car trailer behind it so I wanted a good all around tire. Living in Chicago we get nailed with snow so that was a factor too. I am pretty sure that this is the route I will be going.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not a bad looking tire. I would even be open to them for the next set on the burban.

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Michelin, horrible? You've got to be kidding.

Going back to the early 90's one of my former clients would buy a new 4WD Suburban or Yukon XL every 2 years as he put about 90-100k miles a year on them. First thing.....stock Firestone or Goodyear tires came off and Michelin LTS M/S were put on. The trucks felt more solid when empty, when pulling a 2 horse trailer and loaded up with family, in the snow, rain, etc. He'd also get over 80,000 miles of life on those tires.....the tread wear indicators barely across all tread blocks at that point.

I couldn't help but be a believer and ran that same tire on my last 3 trucks. I wish I would have bought them for my Tahoe but money was too tight at the time and the Firestone Destination ATX's were $300 less for a set of 4 mounted/balanced. I still regret not finding that money somewhere, even borrowing it, to get the Michelins.

OP
OP
Johnny Racer

Johnny Racer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man I am happy they worked out for your buddy but this is my past experience both on my own rides and in on the service drive of a dealership. Just my opinion and if they work for you and your buddy terrific. They are just not something I am ever going to consider buying... not even on my tri-cycle. LOL

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm genuinely curious why you say they're horrible. What were your expectations and what did they fail to deliver? What have you experienced and with what model Michelin tire?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Being as how I work on commercial aircraft I have seen Michelin's on some aircraft that show a lack of caring for the aircraft well being but not on planes that are well taking care of. They generally don't hold up very well in aviation but Goodyear and Fire/Fridgestone's take huge beatings and still are airworthy. If a lack of quality is put into aviation tires then it is very probable the company make an even lesser effort for the automotive industry especially when rules are more lax.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm genuinely curious why you say they're horrible. What were your expectations and what did they fail to deliver? What have you experienced and with what model Michelin tire?

We are talking about the Michellin AT-2's, read the reviews. There absolutely horrible.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

You cannot go wrong with the Revo 2's, they are quiet on the highway and handle like a performance tire. Mind you they are an all terrain tire which made driving on the 20+ snow like a walk in the park. They are the best tires made for a 4x4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn