Brake Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bimmerjo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey folks. I've been doing quite a bit of research on brake upgrades for my newish to me 2007 Yukon Denali and from what I've searched, I think I'm going to do the ZR1 Corvette calipers on the 16" disks. I came across this website ZR1 Brake Swap and it looks fairly straight forward. I think that kit will work on the Yukon spindles however, the only thing I haven't been able to confirm is whether or not the calipers will fit behind the 20" Denali wheels without a spacer. Does anyone know if they require some material removal or spacers?

I'm going to do the front first. Then, I'll do the rear. My ultimate goal is to have the appropriate sized master cylinder in addition to going to hydro boost. I had a 3/4 ton 454 Suburban in addition to an old 88 BMW 635CSi both with hyrdoboost and those were the best feeling brakes Ive ever been able to put my foot on. The reason I plan on upgrading brakes is for multiple reasons. The biggest reason however, is I do tow frequently in some fairly curvy roads. I'm also a deputy for a rural agency and on VERY rare occasions I do get called in for emergencies and have to respond POV.

I have the corvette calipers in my cart from Rockauto. Just waiting on a little bit more info before I hit the order button.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've looked at that kit before.. It's come up here on occasion... I don't have any relevant info
but I did pass on it as I didn't want to run into fitment with wheels...
I tow a heavy camper so I've been looking around...
I decided to just do the powerstop kit front and rear... The pads bite quite well
and are made for towing/truck apps. It does use the stock calipers, so no upgrade
in that area, but it is very affordable.
i'm sure someone will chime in too

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
B

Bimmerjo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm happy to throw up some pictures soon. Its nothing special compared to some of the rigs I've seen here, but it's the nicest thing I've ever owned.

Michael02yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey folks. I've been doing quite a bit of research on brake upgrades for my newish to me 2007 Yukon Denali and from what I've searched, I think I'm going to do the ZR1 Corvette calipers on the 16" disks. I came across this website ZR1 Brake Swap and it looks fairly straight forward. I think that kit will work on the Yukon spindles however, the only thing I haven't been able to confirm is whether or not the calipers will fit behind the 20" Denali wheels without a spacer. Does anyone know if they require some material removal or spacers?

I'm going to do the front first. Then, I'll do the rear. My ultimate goal is to have the appropriate sized master cylinder in addition to going to hydro boost. I had a 3/4 ton 454 Suburban in addition to an old 88 BMW 635CSi both with hyrdoboost and those were the best feeling brakes Ive ever been able to put my foot on. The reason I plan on upgrading brakes is for multiple reasons. The biggest reason however, is I do tow frequently in some fairly curvy roads. I'm also a deputy for a rural agency and on VERY rare occasions I do get called in for emergencies and have to respond POV.

I have the corvette calipers in my cart from Rockauto. Just waiting on a little bit more info before I hit the order button.
07 and up brake caliper and rotors easy to do the rotors are 1 inch bigger and Calipers are bigger also

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick