Brake upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antonio757

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Chevy Tahoe with stock brakes, rotors, and calipers. Outside of the stainless steel braided brake line what else can I do to upgrade my braking system?

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Chevy Tahoe with stock brakes, rotors, and calipers. Outside of the stainless steel braided brake line what else can I do to upgrade my braking system?
I was just discussing this with my co worker.
Hydro boost master cylinder swap if you want to take away the spongy brake pedal
07-18 rotors and calipers/pads are bigger then the 99-06 and is a direct bolt on replacement but you need 17” wheels to clear unless you run wheel spacers.
Stainless lines like you already stated helps as well.
I got the powerstop and the Callahan drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads and I’m happy with them

OP
OP
A

Antonio757

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was just discussing this with my co worker.
Hydro boost master cylinder swap if you want to take away the spongy brake pedal
07-18 rotors and calipers/pads are bigger then the 99-06 and is a direct bolt on replacement but you need 17” wheels to clear unless you run wheel spacers.
Stainless lines like you already stated helps as well.
I got the powerstop and the Callahan drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads and I’m happy with them
Thanks I appreciate the help!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlshort21