Brake upgrade questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
It mite benefit u... It kinda looks like an atomic atom symbol...

haha.. looks like flowerpower or some **** shit. lol
Im looking into doing the SSBC rotors and maybe keeping the drum to disc kit and doing the hydroboost eventually. once the whipples on, ill deff need the hydroboost.

OP
OP
Monstar_est87

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha.. looks like flowerpower or some **** shit. lol
Im looking into doing the SSBC rotors and maybe keeping the drum to disc kit and doing the hydroboost eventually. once the whipples on, ill deff need the hydroboost.

Yea ur gonna need every last bit of braking power after that bad boy goes on...

yes. More the atom orbit.

ATOM ORBIT..! yea thats the 1...

Im really thinking of going with these ATE rotors... I gotta go wit sumthing that both me and my wallet can agree on...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I have the pads installed but hit a workstoppage until next month becuase of a drum brake backplate problem so the vehicle is disabled for brake seating testing right now. Hope to solve the problem with a mobile welding outfit so as not have to take the axle assembly apart and would only cost $100 and half an hour.

I have powerslots but would not add cross-drilling to that. It is only good for appearance and reducing inertial mass. Like track racing. The more materail you remove the less of a heat sink you have. I call it quits at slots for for street vehicles. Crossdrilled rotors are not practical for vehicles of these sizes. It just removes to much metal. If more cooling is needed it is more practical to invent some cooling ducts for this purpose.

OP
OP
Monstar_est87

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea thats a very good point... Thats just about the only thing stopping me is weither to go wit...

Power slot
ATE rotors
R1 rotors- For the drilled and slotted I figured it would be looks but for the price it is tempting...

bsims3996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i 've had those rotors from r1 concepts for about a year and a half with no problems. EBC green stuff brake pads

OP
OP
Monstar_est87

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awsum... I was hoping to get sum feed back on the R1s... N e rust issues or cracks..? Do u feel that they were a deff upgrade..?

bsims3996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awsum... I was hoping to get sum feed back on the R1s... N e rust issues or cracks..? Do u feel that they were a deff upgrade..?

i was worried about rust too but they have held up good, no rust or cracks. i got them more for the looks since i couldn't afford the big brake kit. but i didn't feel too much difference in stopping power until i got the EBC pads. IMO they're worth the price
here's a pic of them after about a year

Attachments

• HPIM1742.jpg
    HPIM1742.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
OP
OP
Monstar_est87

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang im still torn between the 3... But I think Im gonna go with the HPS Hawk pads... And and heres some part #'s...

HPS HAWK pads: HB296F.670 police package pads
ATE Rotors: CW33703 just double the quantity its bith left and right
PowerSlots: 126.66025(c for cryo)S(L for left R for right)
R1 Concepts: EDS.66025 for the pair