Brake Lamps including third roof mounted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have no stop lights......4 way hazard/parklamps/backuplams all working normal. Fuses are good, and brake lamp SWITCH is working as it should because it will shut off cruise when pedal pressed.
This as everyone knows is excellent hoe, all original 222k original miles.
PLEASE HELP
David g..

IMG_20190910_181408212.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to see you still have it David. hope you’re doing well.
Just saw your post, so it was the brake switch then?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was about to say: Don't rule out the switch just yet. It has multiple contacts for various functions so even if other systems respond to it (such as your cruise control), the brake lamp circuit may be faulty. Makes sense since it's used much more often than the cruise control.

I replaced the brake switch in mine a week ago because of the opposite- the brake lights worked fine but the cruise worked intermittently. It would not activate at all, then activate but turn itself off then, after it "warmed up", would stay on... mostly. The cruise probably failed because mine isn't driven often at all so those contacts probably corroded over but the more often used brake light contacts stayed clean from normal use. I replaced the switch and just returned from an 1,800-mile round trip to Florida and the cruise worked perfectly every time.