Brake Booster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did I never notice my OEM booster hissing inside the engine bay when I press the pedal or is something wrong here? I also mentioned this multiple times with the previous ones and nobody said anything?

Just installed the Cardone and it does the same thing. Also the pedal return is super slow. takes forever for the pedal to come back up.

WTF?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have never heard the booster hiss in an engine bay. Not saying it can't happen, I just never heard it there. I always heard them hissing inside the vehicle when I would apply brake pedal. If nobody said anything, why didn't you ask again or push for an answer?

How long is forever? Do you hear the hiss noise inside the vehicle with the door closed?

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I never noticed it, but it definitely does it. My old one was affecting the idle when I pressed the pedal but I thought it was failing because it was hissing inside the engine bay.
I just installed the Cardone and if I press the pedal down hard the brakes drag for a second when I release it.

I must be cursed and this bad parts sheet is starting to get me down.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I personally have not had problems with Cardone but that may just mean I am blessed and the other names he asked about, I had never heard of.

This guy just can't catch a break.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Perhaps I never noticed it, but it definitely does it. My old one was affecting the idle when I pressed the pedal but I thought it was failing because it was hissing inside the engine bay.
I just installed the Cardone and if I press the pedal down hard the brakes drag for a second when I release it.

I must be cursed and this bad parts sheet is starting to get me down.

Is the hiss you are hearing there al the time or just when the brakes are applied and does it effect the engine idle?

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just hissing when I press the pedal. I've checked the vacuum hose. Cardone says it will void the warranty if I remove the check valve so I haven't touched it.

But If I press the pedal down hard the pedal takes a while to come back up. When I drive it and do that I feel the brakes dragging for a second or two.

Feels fine apart from the hissing, dragging and spongy pedal!

I called Cardone and they have no CS right now. So I sent a message a couple hours ago but no reply yet.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, wait for their reply but you did not answer my question about the new booster hiss noise effecting engine idle.

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone in another forum just checked and say they have no air noise under the hood when they press the pedal. They also have a Cardone booster fitted.
No does not affect idle.
I'm confused. I even thought I might have tightened it down to hard and loosened it off a little and no change. This sheet sucks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You have the worst luck but over the years I have gotten bad new or bad reman parts before. It is just part of what can happen. Wait for their support to contact you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep