Bose system breakdown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have insight on removing the center console? Screws, clips, bolts etc...
If i take it out do i need to remove a seat first? I want to mount my amp in the console like gibsonm21 did and really don't want to wreck anything taking it apart.

What amp? Also, what kind of center console do you have? The one with the doors or the one with the big open center part with the removable cupholder?

Just start by taking off the hinged door, it'll make it easier. There are a few screws inside the compartment. It's just a little bit of searching for screws but they are there...

OP
OP
Fauxnali

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's a pioneer amp, more importantly its dimensions are 11 inches by 13 inches.
And ya it's got the big removable cup holder it just snaps out. I hate doing it the first time and not being sure that there's not another bolt or screw that you don't find until the piece of plastic snaps and you end up with a cup holder embedded in your forehead from pulling so hard.:emotions122:
I dont have time to get it all disassembled tonight but i'll let you know how it goes once i get it all apart.
Thanks for the help Steve.

Some days you just have to put your purse down and pull with both hands.

OP
OP
Fauxnali

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, you're wealth of information and your picture posts of your install were great. You should post more often, you're a benefit to the membership.
Thanks again.

Do you have any tips on getting wires up to the tweeter locations?

gibsonm21

Reaction score
Hey man, sorry for the late responses, but my laptop is on it's last leg. anyways, to get the speaker wire up to the A pillar, I used a wire running kit, used for home wiring. I guess this is a little too late, I saw your post saying you put the tweeters in the door sail.

Also, if you don't feel like buying a wire running kit( I got mine for 10 bucks), if you have a car with an old school antenna( the ones that screw on to the car), you can tape the wire to the antenna and use that to route it(also good for getting power wire through the firewall).

OP
OP
Fauxnali

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
No worries, i didn't like my mounting options up in the a pillar and i was hoping to have the tweeter firing a little more directly and didnt feel like messing up the little Bose grille to do so. The tweeter is black so it's really hard to see against the sail panel and is hardly noticable so I'm happy with it. Thanks though.
I ended up having to run way less wire this way to as i left the crossover in the door panel. Doesnt make it easy to get to but once it's set i shouldn't have to mess with it anyways. I'll post some pics when i'm done.

OP
OP
Fauxnali

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
Here's some pics of my install;
Did the doors speakers first, one at a time so that the wifey could use the truck during the day.

Attachments

• DSC_8335.jpg
    DSC_8335.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_8332.jpg
    DSC_8332.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_8333.jpg
    DSC_8333.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
Fauxnali

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
Next i removed the center console and the guts, bose sub and amp;
That sub and box is smaller than the 12W7 by itself.

Attachments

• DSC_8362.jpg
    DSC_8362.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_8363.jpg
    DSC_8363.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_8364.jpg
    DSC_8364.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_8371.jpg
    DSC_8371.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
Fauxnali

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
Next i test fit the Amp in place and wired it all in.
That location is awesome by the way. Lots of room and i can remove the cup holders and make any adjustments to the amp that i may need.

Attachments

• DSC_8368.jpg
    DSC_8368.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC_8369 - Copy.jpg
    DSC_8369 - Copy.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC_8370.jpg
    DSC_8370.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 26

Forum statistics

Threads