Bose system breakdown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a break down of all the parts of the Bose system in an 07 Yukon?
Is there an amp, speaker size etc...
I want to know where to mount an amp and what kind of room i have before i add mids in the doors and such.

OP
OP
Fauxnali

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
So I was checking out some of the older posts, there's a sub in the console? My truck came with 2 JL 12" W7's so i have no more need for more bass (at this point) but I did not realize that there was a sub in the console, where is the amp for it? and does the rest of the system have a factory amp or does it just run off the factory head unit. I currently have an Alpine IVA-D106 head unit but I'm not sure if there is a factory amp if it was bypassed or what. Any one know what the output of the factory amp is and how much would a guy have to spend to be substantially better than that?

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the Bose, there is an amp pretty much straight plumb down from the radio behind the fascia... non-bose it comes from the headunit. I had to use a lineout converter to make RCA jacks for my sub amp when I had the stock HU. The sub is under the center console. Wiring up the speakers with a bose system is pretty much a nightmare.

If you want to add an amp, try and add it under one of the front seats or under one of the two back seats.

Anyways, I don't like to halfass things, I usually would go the route that costs a bit more than it could. You can spend a few hundred bucks and get a poor amp and poor speakers, or you could spend $1000 at crutchfield and have something you will love and won't need to replace. It's up to you.

OP
OP
Fauxnali

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
I saw on one set of pics that they mounted the amp under the console where the sub was, that may be the best and shortest route to put in and wire up a bad ass 4 channel and send it off to the door and A pillars. Shortest route between two points?

gibsonm21

Reaction score
What type of amp are you going to use for your highs? You're gonna need a pretty stalky setup to keep up w/ 2 12W7's. I placed my amp where the factory sub used to be because I was strapped for space. If the amp is not too long, you can also look into mounting it behind the left rear wheel well cover, but then you will have to run a ton of wire to your speakers.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw on one set of pics that they mounted the amp under the console where the sub was, that may be the best and shortest route to put in and wire up a bad ass 4 channel and send it off to the door and A pillars. Shortest route between two points?

The only problem with mounting it under the console is heat, there is no ventilation there whatsoever. As far as amps go, I had an alpine amp and it fit perfectly under the back seat (wasn't power folding, might want to check fitment first). And what would you need to go to the A pillars for?? The moldings between the seat and the door come off and you can wire under that. Getting wire across the car is another story - going front to back is way easier than side to side. Go under the carpet behind the rear captains seats and you can pull it through in sections.

macky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the power folding 2nd row bench, there is a lot of room under there. my install guy found a removable carpeted part under the bench and ran the wires underneath.

Konman09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Yukon. I am going to keep the factory Nav HU and use a line out converter for my JL 500/1. Where are you guys picking up speaker wires? At the speaker and running through the door boots, or are you tapping in somewhere inside the cabin? Looking for best place to pick up wires for the converter if someone can help. Thanks

EDIT: Got it done, nevermind. Used the sub wires under the center console.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fauxnali

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone have insight on removing the center console? Screws, clips, bolts etc...
If i take it out do i need to remove a seat first? I want to mount my amp in the console like gibsonm21 did and really don't want to wreck anything taking it apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20