Borla XR1 Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
If anyone is doing research on mufflers I love the Borla XR1. My wife says it’s too loud, but have had compliments from car enthusiasts. It’s a straight through design with perforations that allow the noise to enter a larger cylinder at cruising speed for a great sound. The great thing about it is that when you mash the gas the outer cylinder “fills up” and actually increases exhaust velocity as the exhaust simply cannot enter the outer cylinder anymore.

C9BF6978-2BAF-42BF-812F-6875F8C0858A.jpeg

It is a bright stainless steel... I’ve just never cleaned it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
If anyone is doing research on mufflers I love the Borla XR1. My wife says it’s too loud, but have had compliments from car enthusiasts. It’s a straight through design with perforations that allow the noise to enter a larger cylinder at cruising speed for a great sound. The great thing about it is that when you mash the gas the outer cylinder “fills up” and actually increases exhaust velocity as the exhaust simply cannot enter the outer cylinder anymore.

View attachment 262654

It is a bright stainless steel... I’ve just never cleaned it.
Do you get fumes inside if you're sitting still while running?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do. Tomorrow though...people wouldn’t be happy with me if I started it now.

they'd probably be happier with you starting truck up.... rather than dragging a floor jack down the street though
LOL

cant wait to hear it.
i bet its more noticeable with it being dumped ;)

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Sorry...apparently I need to embed a YouTube video and I don’t have an account yet...I’ll set one up soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic