body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyguy3766

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i think i wanna raise my truck up a little. maybe a 3" bodylift. i herd if you do that then there will be a gap between the the bumbers and the body. can that be fixed anyway. also, will the bodylift change the way it rides at all?

shsportsfan12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get bumper brackets to raise the bumpers and you can make/order gap guards to cover up the wheel wells. I have a body lift and love it

shsportsfan12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there's a 2" kit, go for it. I didn't notice it affect my mileage. You're only adding about 20-40 pounds max to it. You're increasing your overall resistance though. I'm at the point where the only time I look at the gas gauge is to fill up. I've come to compromise the fact that I don't drive my truck for mpgs

Cartwright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your truck will rdie like stock since your are not touching your suspension. The BL will not affect your milage enough for you to notice a diffrence. If you put bigger tires that will affect the ride and milage.

shsportsfan12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck will rdie like stock since your are not touching your suspension. The BL will not affect your milage enough for you to notice a diffrence. If you put bigger tires that will affect the ride and milage.

I did manage to feel a bit more body roll...actually I didn't but the blonde haired ***** in the passenger seat did :crazy:

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont want to over do the tires I want BFG all terrain like I have on the explorer. If they would fit they would already be on the truck but they are too small. I think?? HMMMMM anyways so where could I get a 2" lift? Can i do this in my garage?

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

horror it would take alot with wheels and tires added to that lift

horrorcosmic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
measure your garage from the very highest of your truck. i think if your going to do 33's you might need a 3 inch body lift. id go with the 3 inch

shsportsfan12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much gas mileage would a 4 inch suspension lift take off?

Umm...it's not about the lift usually. It's about the wheels and tires added to the lift that usually complicate things. There's no set number. With heavier tires people usually regear the axles to get the stock ratios back

I dont want to over do the tires I want BFG all terrain like I have on the explorer. If they would fit they would already be on the truck but they are too small. I think?? HMMMMM anyways so where could I get a 2" lift? Can i do this in my garage?

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

horror it would take alot with wheels and tires added to that lift

Can you do it in your garage? Sure...depending on how high the door is. I know I cant even get the bed of my truck into the garage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157