Blown out air shock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During state inspection found out a blown out rear air shock on my 09 Yukon Denali.

No suspension code and no air compressor running constantly either, also loaded up for vacation today and no sag. Strange that I towed 4k last month and it was level as can be.

Rule Andrews

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
During state inspection found out a blown out rear air shock on my 09 Yukon Denali.

No suspension code and no air compressor running constantly either, also loaded up for vacation today and no sag. Strange that I towed 4k last month and it was level as can be.
Mine are blown in my 08 Tahoe and and never had an issue towing.

OP
OP
97audia4

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the air bladder blown or the outer rubber boot torn?
Looks like the rubber boot is torn , just odd as it's been sitting for almost 3 months other than the one tow . Never gets driven daily and I always inspect shocks and greasable joints every oil change .

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you order the arnott's from rockauto it will run you about $350 for the pair shipped, then you get back a core on each one I think it is $25 each when they are returned.
the good thing about that is the lifetime warranty thru rockauto. there is a 5% discount code in the vendor section.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how is the ride ?
my 12, which i just realized is a 13...is starting to ride worse.

112k miles, and it seems as though if it were a strut, it would be shot...or is.

i have never researched them, but i am guessing it is a light duty strut assisted by air ????

i may replace my front, but i am looking at swapping to Z71 coils and shocks...

my 11 z71 hoe rode way better than this 13 LTZ ever has.

OP
OP
97audia4

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you order the arnott's from rockauto it will run you about $350 for the pair shipped, then you get back a core on each one I think it is $25 each when they are returned.
the good thing about that is the lifetime warranty thru rockauto. there is a 5% discount code in the vendor section.

Thanks I am going to order it , just drove down to the beach 200 miles loaded the back with gear for the week and no sag at all and it rides fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094