Blowing fuse after installing new transfer case: Need Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

top1967

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I own a 1999 gmc Yukon with a 246 tranfer case. I just removed it myself and had it rebuilt. After re-installing it, I keep blowing the 20 amp fuse for the electric shift mechanism. It worked perfect before I did all this work. I double checked all the plugs that I removed and everything looks fine. Any Ideas?
Tim

OP
OP
T

top1967

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did they just rebuild the internals?

He just replaced the chain and the fork ends.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I dont think they are connected, but I have been also having a problem losing a connection to my fuel pump. Out of the blue it just wont start. I have to wiggle the wire that is in the rear drivers side wheel well. I have cleaned it and replaced the end several times and it just keeps happening. This problem has been occuring for a long time now however.

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typically a bad wire, too much resistance. Use a multimeter to check the resistance across your connections.

OP
OP
T

top1967

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found a red wire going to the encoder motor on the t-case rubbed in half, would this cause a fuse to blow in my fuse panel marked transfer case ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n